Open Water Fishing?

Musky Plug

Hey everyone, I’ve been contemplating the idea of taking my boat to the Niagara river to fish. Is there anything I should be aware of when using my boat this late in the season besides draining the motor/ boat? Can I keep my lead acid batteries in the boat hooked up to the minnkota charger or should I take them out after every trip? Is there any other precautions I should take or should I scrap the idea? 

you wont have any issue, just make sure they are charged fully and you will be good to go. 

I dont know about your lower end but id also consider making sure you dont have any water in it after your trip? i know some guys their lower end seals leak a lot so their oil is nice and milky come fall...I personally never have any water at all in my gear oil but i still change it every year.

I dont run my boat in January but I have run my boats in december and its usually no big deal...just be careful of your hydraulic steering if you do have it. Ive seen it fail when it hits -17 in a brand new boat. Pretty common thing when its that cold.