Fly in fishing trip with Air Dale - Little Missinaibi Lake

Thanks for sharing man. Reminds me of my one and only fly-in with my brother. My brother then was well enough to go (cancer) and we loved every minute of it. The adventure in itself was great; but being there with my brother on his last adventure will stay with me forever.

Again thanks for bring back some fond memories

Dan..

• Like 1

Oh, cheers!  Nice classic views from Yosemite above. 

Here are a couple views from partway up El Cap, taken last fall when we were there. Because of the covid and the smoke from the Creek Fire, for a couple weeks my partner and I were the ONLY climbers on all of El Cap, if you can believe it! 

1) The almost-view of El Cap from the Meadows in a moderately UN-smoky day! 

2) New prototype portaledge we were trying out. It is cantilevered, turned 90 degrees from the usual setup.  

3) Big wall margaritas two thousand feet off the deck. Note salted rim, eh?

20200914_184744.jpg

20201011_180641.jpg

20201006_204110.jpg

• Like 1

Oh crap, sorry to hijack your thread!  Here are some photos from Little Missinaibi area. We started our canoe trip in [big] Missinaibi Lake, paddled a long way in calm conditions, then up the river and portaged into Trump and Elbow. We went through Little Miss and then down the river back to [Big] Missinaibi Lake. The section of river is pretty difficult, and if I had to do it again, I would 

Elbow was past its prime in July, but catching lakers in Trump was as easy as getting out and trolling a silver-ish deep diver down seventeen to twenty-five feet. No big lakers, but man - I caught a lot!  

1) A typical Trump Lake laker caught on a silvery #9 Shad Rap

2) An impeached Trump lake trout! 

3) A couple walleyes from Elbow Lake.  You have to think the fishing would be WAY better in May or June than it was for us in July.  The walleyes were finicky, and wouldn't hit without using worms on the jigs.  Certainly not as cooperative as the Quetico walleyes were just this July! 

What time of year were yous guys there?

DSCF0460.JPG

20160717_151555.jpeg

20160719_153324.jpeg

Edited by passthepitonspete

Nice spot. We were able to drive there.  Camped on an one of the islands. It was interesting. Great fishing and the only place I have ever been where every five out of ten walleye were brought in with a bonus pike eating the walleye. 2 4 1.

22 hours ago, Dano said:

Nice spot. We were able to drive there.  Camped on an one of the islands. It was interesting. Great fishing and the only place I have ever been where every five out of ten walleye were brought in with a bonus pike eating the walleye. 2 4 1.

Are you referring to Missinaibi Lake?  There are no loads leading to Little Missinaibi Lake?  Some rough logging roads will get you close but you would have a lot of bush whacking to get to them.

Lol, no. I never said it was a load or a road, more like an old track. I noticed it when studying topo maps of the area. Plotted it on my gps and well, yea, drove to a put in spot and followed the channel to Little Miss. Yea, it was there. Mind you this was back in the early 2000's. No bushwacking involved, got there in my 2wd cargo van hauling a boat. My gps has never lied to me, it just takes some research and faith. If it didnt work out, we would have continued on to the big Miss.

• 7 months later...

Nice haul there....I agree she's beauty of a lake.  I leave for my 2nd trip to Little Miss Friday morning,  and will be on the water there for 7 days with 5 buds. Last year when we were there,  it rained 5 out the 6 days.....we still caught alot of fish, but I'm really looking Forward to this trip, as the weather can only go up from where it was....I'll try to get a couple pics on here.....Last year I surprised my Dad, and treated him to the trip for his 70th bday.....and he had a blast......

20200912_073200.jpg

IMG_4519.JPEG

IMG_4516.JPEG

IMG_4551.JPEG