Sudbury Auto shops?

Got this so far...  but he's gonna ask around amongst his friends and get back to me!

[quote]there is a small garage in azilda. Byrnes Gulf Service. (Byrnes gas station and garage) The mechanic has been there his entire life and I've trusted them a few times. He lives on my street. Very straight shooter. [/quote]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishfield said:

Got this so far...  but he's gonna ask around amongst his friends and get back to me!

[quote]there is a small garage in azilda. Byrnes Gulf Service. (Byrnes gas station and garage) The mechanic has been there his entire life and I've trusted them a few times. He lives on my street. Very straight shooter. [/quote]

Thanks very much, I’ll check to see if that’s close to the seller. 

appreciate it!

16 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

Can any Sudbury area guys recommend a good garage to do a pre safety? 

I’m considering a used vehicle in the area, need a good set of eyes. I will be buying this thing site unseen

thanks

I wish more people would do this; BEFORE buying a used vehicle. I've lost customers after having to tell them that they just bought a pile of junk. Then I hear it was safety checked and thought it had to be ok. Sorry but all a safety certificate means is that the vehicle passed the minimum safety requirements on the day of the inspection. It doesn't mean there are no non-safety issues or that the brake pads are worn down to 3mm (min thickness) and will need brakes within a month or so. 

Dan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I wish more people would do this; BEFORE buying a used vehicle. I've lost customers after having to tell them that they just bought a pile of junk. Then I hear it was safety checked and thought it had to be ok. Sorry but all a safety certificate means is that the vehicle passed the minimum safety requirements on the day of the inspection. It doesn't mean there are no non-safety issues or that the brake pads are worn down to 3mm (min thickness) and will need brakes within a month or so. 

Dan.

Sound advice Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanD said:

Dan.

Actually that’s the stuff that doesn’t concern me on this one lol. On this one, it’s mainly about corrosion. Frame, floors, rockers, fuel and brake lines, steel cooling components, suspension. .

Brakes, tires, steering are all somewhat expected to need work. 

I need to know if the bones are solid.

• Like 1

Actually Ontario has cut down on the amount of salt they're using on the roads. But they have replaced it with other corrosive items. Chemicals that do not rust metal as bad as salt; but have an adverse effect on bonding agents on vehicles. Things like brake pads that are "glued" or bonded to their steel backers. These chemicals eat the bonding agents and then spit the brake pad puck off of its backing plate. Guess what the base of one of these chemicals is; beet juice. Beet juice mixed with salt, works great as for ice melting; but eats other things that no one expected. I don't know an Icey road or brake pads blowing apart? Someone needs a kick in the ass to weight out the better of two evels!

Dan.

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2