A 2020 Year End Report.

Moosebunk

Despite all that went on in our country this past year one thing remained pretty consistent... the FISHING! 

The lakers, muskies, gar, char, crappies, specks, pike, walleye and even for once in my life some splake too, all made life better.  The fun never ends as long as you keep getting out there to experience new things, in new places and hopefully in 2021 with plenty more people safely at your side.

Short 2020 picture loaded report at the link below... Best to all for 2021.

THE FISHIN' 20/20 ON 2020

spacer.png

• Like 1

Nice report.. my plans for fishing Nipigon and staying in "the cabin"(you may know of this secret place) was canceled due to covid and the fact that we would be coming from a virus Hotspot. I  have worked through the entire pandemic so I had to stay close to home once the ramps opened.. the grand river and long point bay are decent but can't compare to the north..

• Like 1

Awesome - my Dad and I always look forward to your reports!  You do such a great job writing them and taking the pictures at such cool places most can only dream of going too!  Happy New Year to you!

You are my fishing hero!

Edited by GregF2
  • Like 1

bunk those nunavut fish with the banana colouring to them are mind blowing.

Congrats once again on the musky cup victory. That gar your daughter caught...good lord, it almost looks like an alligator gar its so big. (i managed to have an 100+lber follow my chatterbait boatside down on santee cooper 2 years ago...scared the living hell out of me)

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:30 AM, AKRISONER said:

bunk those nunavut fish with the banana colouring to them are mind blowing.

Congrats once again on the musky cup victory. That gar your daughter caught...good lord, it almost looks like an alligator gar its so big. (i managed to have an 100+lber follow my chatterbait boatside down on santee cooper 2 years ago...scared the living hell out of me)

Thanks man! And I think you need to go back for that southern gar soon as the borders open.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:46 PM, GregF2 said:

Awesome - my Dad and I always look forward to your reports!  You do such a great job writing them and taking the pictures at such cool places most can only dream of going too!  Happy New Year to you!

You are my fishing hero!

Appreciated Greg!  Although years pass and times have changed, still always nice to hear people read and enjoy the write-ups as they always have.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, pics said:

Nice report.. my plans for fishing Nipigon and staying in "the cabin"(you may know of this secret place) was canceled due to covid and the fact that we would be coming from a virus Hotspot. I  have worked through the entire pandemic so I had to stay close to home once the ramps opened.. the grand river and long point bay are decent but can't compare to the north..

Know of a particular cabin which you may speak of.  Hoping the best for northern friends in the business cause my Lord they took a hit through 2020.  At the very least, it should be accepted that Canadians move about following best precautions they can, especially those planning to further distance and merely go about enjoying their lives.

Thanks for reading fellas!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glen said:

One place I know very little about, nipigon.  Does it have fish that have never seen a hook?  Does boating in 30 miles get you away from other boats? I enjoy remote areas.  Maybe one day I’ll go there.   
great post Bunk.  

Boating just a few miles gets you away from others if you launch on the Onaman river

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 3:55 PM, glen said:

One place I know very little about, nipigon.  Does it have fish that have never seen a hook?  Does boating in 30 miles get you away from other boats? I enjoy remote areas.  Maybe one day I’ll go there.   
great post Bunk.  

Firmly believe there are virgin fish all over that lake.  The speck lifespan is so short and they're so spread out over every bit of rock, everywhere, that there's too many places not at all fished by anglers season after season.  The pike in places are rarely targeted, in some places HEAVILY targeted, but they're predatory enough to forget being hooked a day or two later.  The lake has BIG depths in many places, some I'd think see only a handful of boats a year... and spots like Windigo Bay albeit a shallower, sand flat bottom for miles and miles, must hold immense bait and lakers seasonally feeding in their comfort zones, without hardly ever seeing a boat, let alone a lure.  And the walleye... they're almost forgotten except by gill netters and Americans.  In some spots they take a beating, but the main lake fish are low on the list of options.

Boating 30 miles out isn't necessary for great fishing, but it is adventurous and increases the solitude.

Walleye are thick in the Jackfish.. there are a couple of big houseboats that spend the summer up there and they are like floating lodges.. 200 plus fish in a boat is not unheard of.. I hear the ride up is not forth faint of heart.. imagine a lake that's about 5 times the size of Simcoe but with no cottages and little to no contour maps..

• Like 1