Furnace Help, installing humidifer..

Had a new furnace installed last year and everything great but now in winter we definitely need a humidifier as throats are sore etc...

Bought a AprilAir 700 and looked easy enough to install, I'm a pretty handy guy.

But...before cutting into the furnace I'm hoping for a few hints as my furnace is providing obstacles figuring out where to mount things.

1) Right away my obvious 1st choice spot is blocked by a 2" venting pipe! Can I just simply reroute this pipe? Is there a code limit to bends? I would use proper gas fitting etc...

2) Second choice is almost too tight and maybe not even possible.

3) The cold air return looks EASY but this seems like plan C and seems dumb...

4) I am concerned that on the opposite side of the the first choice location (if I reroute vent pipe) has 3 AC? 1 is insulated, 1 is copper line and one is a 1" drain?

I have a nephew that does HVAC that I will bug later for confirmation but this shouldn't be so tough... I think my old one took an hours to install...

Furnace1.jpg.c94d8d33ffdaef583dbce089e354ce6f.jpgFurnace2.jpg.ce6d22a627dda19b493e87057d2f4c3c.jpgFurnace3.jpg.1fd6896b5db14fd20bbd7c54084cdbae.jpg

20210102_112958.jpg

I haven’t turned my Aprilaire humidifier on yet. Humidistat says about 40% humidity. Buddy told me to get them to install with  1/4” copper water line and proper on and off valve. Not the plastic crap.  Can’t help you with location. Good luck. 

Rerouted vent pipe today, tomorrow will start humidifier.

Now that Im convinced I can squeeze in it above the A Coil it should be straight forward. 

The 600 unit looks like a standard bypass unit.

The 700 has a fan , remote tmp sensor and digital humidity sensor with control. Has the option of controlling the furnace fan also etc. Not too much more than a standard bypass but a few more details Im just triple checking.

Will install tomorrow and just need to order some 1/4” copper tubing for the hot water supply. Instructions are specific using hot water.