Bugs are crawling all over me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

misfish

Well you made me do this John,and I have to say,#22,s are not easy,and I know I am no a pro, but I do believe in,no insect is the same.LOL

Eyes were going cross after 25 of them. Added colored tails as hot spots. Will find out in the spring,if I can tie them to my line .LOL

On to smaller #,s once I get uncrossed. LOL

PB100009.JPG.799874950b78756f8dea56857e20628e.JPG

PB100004.JPG.6423124251b5a12d71f58b415d0583f9.JPG

The last couple of days creations,,,,,,,,,,,,

Working on the deer/elk hair fly's and submerges .Need to get the proportion parts down on the hair. I think a big hungry brown will hit them still .:Gonefishing:

PB100011.JPG.256907e8a7f6e4cc7f802bdbc7630a95.JPG

• Like 7

Nice work Brian,.you mentioned proportions. That was a learning curve for me for sure. Especially hackles! Too litlle......wont float! Too big......fly wont sit right on the surface! Check out Reelflies.ca. an ontario fly company ! Thier catalog,has  excelent pictures of 2500 their flies! This sure helped me a lot with how they should look! Check it out  ! Cheers!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gil Levesque said:

Reelflies.ca

Is this site still in business ? They have great prices on hooks,but 80% are sold out . Fly boxes are very reasonable . Shipping is cheap enough for sure .

Do you have an online store you like to use ?

Thanks gang.

BillM, GBay still has white fish ? Thought they were almost extincted do to over netting ? Would love to try for some on the fly . I supply flys,you supply blind fold and ride .LOL

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

Nice work Brian! I remember using size 12 and 16 hooks to catch minnows, they seemed awful small for anything else.

I am still a newbie to this fly fishing Paul. John said to go small last spring, #18.l can  not believe these fish can see those, but they are on them, like I am on a pizza with anchovies.

5 hours ago, RayK said:

I buy more than I tie, usually from Reelflies.  Yes, they are still in business.

Thanks Ray

I will keep an eye on their restocking .

• Like 1

I used to think that #16 hooks were VERY small for whities and steelhead, but they did catch fish.  On 2 lb Berkley Trimax line, that was good stuff.

Don't think I could tie them on to my line any more with these old eyes though.............and a number 22???????????Yikes!!!

Doug

• Like 2