Ice Hut Rental's when in lockdown

GBW

Whatever you do, when seeking information go straight to the source.  I’ve seen so much misinformation posted online on forums and facebook, both through misunderstanding, and deliberate self interested deception.  It will amaze you, but if you where to call your local OPP detachment, Municipal Police service, Bylaw or Municipal enforcement outfit they will tell you exactly the truth based on the information they have in front of them at that moment in time.  It’s like when people thought they would be stopped for driving with someone not from their house in the spring and the OPP had to put out a video stating it was untrue.  Go to the source. Forums and facespace talking heads generally have no idea, and so they make stuff up. Or worse pass on 4th hand friend of a friend of a friend twice removed stories.

• Like 1

It is going to be interesting to see how they handle this hut rentals  licensing falls under mnr but they are regulated under short term rental just like a motel or a renewal cottage by the health board   Who put out which business can open under covid 

1 hour ago, DanD said:

What would the regs be for personally owned (permanent seasonal)  hut and the people allowed to use said?

Dan. 

Your personal 'hard' hut is reggistered to you so are golden one would guess.   

28 minutes ago, misfish said:

Did you read that on the net, or did you get it right from the horses mouth  ?

Read it. The mnr are NOT restricting any types of fishing because of covid.  Now the municipalities could block access to the lakes but they don’t regulate huts, so if you can access the lake you can fish 

• Like 2

Floyd Hales Fish Huts.

Should be locked out not just put in lockdown like respectable businesses!Bill_large-min.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

He, his establishment and employees treated me as if I were leper when I asked for help. Help that they knew I was willing to pay for. I underestimated the strength of machine I needed to pull my fish hut out; after a fresh blanket of snow hit the lake. I went to Hales office and asked (for a fee) to pull my hut out to the perch grounds. The answer I received was " I'm not hooking my equipment to your junk; get out of here".  What was he so afraid of; a group of six guys cutting into his business of renting huts? His smile and friendly looking picture, is a total scam. His business doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone else other then themselves! 

Just telling it as it happened.

Dan.

Edited by DanD
Needed to add more about this guys business!

Remember the old saying you would hear on the tv or radio. No ice is safe ice ask an operator to be sure

well years ago I was going out from Beaverton and through the I would ask what the ice conditions were like.   
About the same respond as you got from him   If you’re not spending money why would I help you

• Like 1

Like a lot of lower end businesses; they have learnt to reach out Via Internet and advertising. I other words he's burnt so many locals he needs to reach out to others who do not know what kind of slime he is!

Dan. 

PS; I hope that somehow this thread gets back to him. Just to let him know he's not the KING of Beaverton!

Maybe the jester? 

In my mind he's already a clown.

Dan.

Sorry Admin, Lock or delete my posts ageist this guy; but he's an ass!

• Like 2

From what I'm hearing Lake Nippising is already a sh#tshow due to a lack of good ice in the south. I can imagine getting a hut after the lockdown will be next to impossible if our lakes don't freeze up sufficiently. Long point bay is an hour and 20 minutes from me so I consider it to be my home waters..at this rate I will have to pull the boat back out..

Yeah Long Point Bay has been a kind of a wash the last dozen of so years. Back in the 70s up to the early 90s we always had our own hut out there. Now we'd be lucky to have a weeks worth of walk-on ice? I still remember fishing out of my Dad's G10 Chevy 1/2 ton van; somewhere out on the middle of the bay? Van running, side sliding door open and the van's heater going full blast. LOL

Froze the boys a few times; lucky that I have two kids after that; it was so cold. LOL

Dan. 

• Like 1