Think I got Duped

wkrp

Buy local.

http://www.centerpinangling.com/index.html

http://www.centerpinangling.com/images/drennan_Flourocarbon.jpg

DRENNAN FLUOROCARBON LEADER LINE

This super tough fluorocarbon leader line is virtually invisible under water and features high abrasion resistance and superior knot strength. It comes in a unique and convenient line dispensing spool, and gets high-marks throughout the fishery. 50 meters per spool.

Strength (lb)

Diameter (mm)

Select Test

Price: $15.99 CAD

• Like 3

i learned the hard way a while back...when it comes to fishing gear, i basically no longer cheap out on anything. Ive paid too much money with lost fish, broken stuff etc even when its from legitimate manufacturers. Im literally better off forking over the money up front because they stuff will still be useable in 5 years time. Heck some of my reels are now 15+ years old are are smoother than a lot of $100 brand new reels.

A few years back I bought 4 Pflueger Supreme spin reels for $68 each at a store. I recommended them to a friend the other day and he says they cost $214 at Cabelas now. They are nice reels...for the money at$68 or the regular price at that time of $99 .  The Cabelas ones are XT's That was about a $10 additional cost when I got mine and I have one of those too. There is no functional difference except the XT was in a crappy colour (mustard gold).

I live down the street from BPS in Niagara and a J13 there is $16.99, a big Williams Whitefish is $17.99 It's nuts I think a big part of it is the permissive corporate culture of merger/ acquisition/monopoly  that is now allowed in our society. The holding company for BPS/Cabelas/ Tracker/ just took over Sportmans Wagrehouse adding another 110 big box stores to the kitty

1 hour ago, Snidley said:

A few years back I bought 4 Pflueger Supreme spin reels for $68 each at a store. I recommended them to a friend the other day and he says they cost $214 at Cabelas now. They are nice reels...for the money at$68 or the regular price at that time of $99 .  The Cabelas ones are XT's That was about a $10 additional cost when I got mine and I have one of those too. There is no functional difference except the XT was in a crappy colour (mustard gold).

I live down the street from BPS in Niagara and a J13 there is $16.99, a big Williams Whitefish is $17.99 It's nuts I think a big part of it is the permissive corporate culture of merger/ acquisition/monopoly  that is now allowed in our society. The holding company for BPS/Cabelas/ Tracker/ just took over Sportmans Wagrehouse adding another 110 big box stores to the kitty

Whats happened at cabellas and bass pro over the last decade is a major reason I barely bother to shop there anymore. Instead of selling any half decent product, they instead got a bunch of chinese factories to knock off every decent lure in existence and threw and XPS logo on the packaging and then stopped selling the original version of everything. The XPS stuff is absolute junk, from the terminal tackle to the baits its all complete chinese knock off garbage.

My favourite was i needed some tungsten drop shot weights in a pinch, stopped in on my way up north and bought a pack...literally every single weight fell off of the line holder on the first cast...i brought the package back with 2 weights and the line holders and told them what happened and they asked me where the weights were...i explained that they were on the bottom of the lake after losing 3 in a row on the first cast lol

I have thousands of dollars worth of Lucky Craft, Yozuri Jackal, Eco Gear, OSP, Rapala, Nories, and Evergreen lures They are excellent lures, with great actions and realistic quality paint jobs. If I could have only 1 lure it would be a BPS XPS floating Minnow in the 3 inch 1/4oz version. For me it catches Salmon, Steelies, walleye, Bass, Drum, Browns and Silver Bass as well as any of my Jap lures for a much cheaper price. I bet if I broke the lip off it would out fish my topwaters from Japan as well, lol. The 1/4 oz lure is called a floating minnow but it's a hybrid crank.minnow that IS a knockoff of a Saltwater Yozuri lure. I had the original Yozuris and never caught a single fish with them. Go figure For bigger stronger fish you do need to change out the hooks as they are pretty cheezy. I've caught Chinooks with the 4 inch jerkbait as well but it's not an allrounder like the 1/4oz lure. i do agree that a lot of BPS stuff is junk but that one lure is a winner at the highest level. Some of their super shallow cranks look ok too but I seldom get past my Storm Sub Wart in that category.. 

Cabelas made some decent stuff on their in house brand before the merger. I have a few of the xml steelhead rods that in my hands beat my loomis and croix hands down. Even a lower end tourney trail thats seen hundreds of septmeber chinnies over the last 15+ yrs and still feels like the best spoon chucker I've owned. I still have a pair of their breathables as a backup to my backups that I only takeon my worst rocksliding, bushwhacking missions and cant kill them. Wading jackets too. Their last few reels like the arachnid were better versions of high end daiwas and are still great if you could find. Their stuff was always hit or miss depending on who was contracted to build it but was sad to see it go as BPS was always junk in my eyes