Air Ivanhoe - McConnell

Fishinfool1978

Good afternoon all,

I think I posted this in the wrong place 45 minutes ago. If so, sorry.

Looking for first hand experiences with Air Ivanhoe. Specifically McConnell lake. I have a friend celebrating his 70th birthday in 2021. He has taking a fly in on his bucket list. He used to take a cruise every year and being the current situation... that industry has been decimated. I am hopeful that if he has a positive experience. He will want to take fly ins regularly to replace the cruises. He came with me to a drive in lodge in 2018 that is approximately 100 miles west of McConnell. This lodge was advertised as very remote, little fishing pressure and residents can expect to catch 60 to 100 Walleye per day depending on how hard you fish. We were up at 4:00 am everday, on the water by 5:00 and fished until lunch when we returned to camp to eat. We were back on the water shortly after eating and we stayed out until the bugs were intolerable with dark closing in.  All this effort didn't result in numbers of fish. Frankly two of our six people were skunked for the week. There were others in the camp that really laid into the owner. That being said, it was a huge lake and we tried to focus on the west side of the lake and it was still too much water to search in 7 days. If we went back I am sure we would do a little better. Anyway long story short we have tentatively reserved McConnell Lake with air Ivanhoe from July 3-10 2021. We are hoping for some first hand responses. Thanks for taking the time to read this.