Good deals on food stuff

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, misfish said:

No Frills has Heafords corn beef on for $2 a can . That is a great deal . If I didn't already have 6 cans,I would be buying up more .

Loved sandwiches with that as a kid going to school, with catsup and lots of horseradish. Many years later I tried it again, found out it slices much better if you refrigerate the can first.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Fisherman said:

Summertime favourite, fried onions with 1/2 a can in the old cast iron pan over the fire, add fried potatoes and it's a happy meal.

I get this from Costco, try throwing a few beaten eggs in it as well, a little scrambled egg in the mix makes a good breakfast.

Spudlers 5T4H P240 Breakfast Hash (1.2 kg) - Instacart

3 hours ago, Fisherman said:

That looked pretty good until I saw bell peppers,  had a great urge to go hurl.  Unfortunately I have an extreme distaste for any peppers.

Wait till I drizzle Sriracha sauce over it 🤣

Well, me being mostly a meat (pork, chicken and fish, sometimes beef) potatoes and gravy type had my first encounter with Indian food, buttery chicken, naan, curry chicken and green pea Palas.  My taste buds sort of short circuited for a couple seconds but it's pretty good.  Nothing outrageously spiced. 

Went into FreshCo in CP this evening and found fresh loins at $1.50lb and couldn't resist. Receipt said I saved over $31.  I picked the best looking one out and got 8lb for $12. Last one I bought all went to schnitzel, I'm thinking this time I'll cold smoke the slabs first to dress them up even more before pounding them down. Plus I bought some half price bread off the reduced rack this evening, including a big sourdough loaf.  I'm down to two bags left in the freezer of smoked bread crumbs so it's time to do up another full load in the smoker anyway.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Went into FreshCo in CP this evening and found fresh loins at $1.50lb and couldn't resist. Receipt said I saved over $31.  I picked the best looking one out and got 8lb for $12. Last one I bought all went to schnitzel, I'm thinking this time I'll cold smoke the slabs first to dress them up even more before pounding them down. Plus I bought some half price bread off the reduced rack this evening, including a big sourdough loaf.  I'm down to two bags left in the freezer of smoked bread crumbs so it's time to do up another full load in the smoker anyway.

Love those things, half the price of ground beef. Frequently find the cryovac  packaged for $1.99 a pound at the supermart, but the quality of the Costco ones is better and grab them when they are $4 off. Get a dozen or more boneless chops out of the centre cut and the ends go in the pressure cooker for pulled pork or the wok for stir fries.

download (1).jpg