Any Woodworkers Aboot?

Well I wouldn't call myself a "wood worker" but I did make a lot of sawdust when I built these cabinets in my man cave. The fishing rod locker was a tough one, getting 4 slides to all work in conjunction was a chalange the tolerance is 1/16" on one set. I didn't have table saws and things like that, everything had to be done with power hand tools. 

20210212_145306.jpg

20181228_090513.jpg

20210212_145334.jpg

• Like 7

I do a bit of woodworking

Actually built most of the furniture in my house the last 15 years or so.

24x26 dedicated , heated shop with just about every tool known

Retired 6 months ago and pretty much live here now except for fishing and hunting days

I do have a good radial arm saw for sale too...just took it apart and stored it the other day as I don't use it enough to warrant the floor space it takes

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

A friend wanted a lighthouse for her garden, I couldn't find anything that wasn't junk at a price I was willing to pay so I built her this one. It's 3/4" mahogany exterior grade water proof plywood so it should last for a few years. It turned out to be a bit of a challange because trying to cut a taper with a 30* angle so the hex all fit properly with hand tools working outside in the cold was harder than I  thought. Anyway, it works, the light is solar powered and rotates and I just earned enough brownie points to last me for at least a year 😊

IMG_1265.JPG

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

Came across this the other day and figured this thread fit the bill. This guy is a real artist for sure, what a sling shot.

Quite the piece of art.  I've seen a few of those sling shots but they use flat rubbers, apparently more accurate but then what do I know about them. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:09 PM, Big Cliff said:

A friend wanted a lighthouse for her garden, I couldn't find anything that wasn't junk at a price I was willing to pay so I built her this one. It's 3/4" mahogany exterior grade water proof plywood so it should last for a few years. It turned out to be a bit of a challange because trying to cut a taper with a 30* angle so the hex all fit properly with hand tools working outside in the cold was harder than I  thought. Anyway, it works, the light is solar powered and rotates and I just earned enough brownie points to last me for at least a year 😊

IMG_1265.JPG

Thats a neat one BigCliff

I refurbished one for a friend a few years ago and copied it. I have 2 in my shop half done.

Where did you get the light. Thats one of my problems

On 3/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, Fisherman said:

Quite the piece of art.  I've seen a few of those sling shots but they use flat rubbers, apparently more accurate but then what do I know about them. 

I would like to see how the vise was made . That is a work of art .

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I would like to see how the vise was made . That is a work of art .

Somewhere in the garage I still have a bunch of my fathers wood working tools, some with the narrow blades, some for edging and what he used for grooving.  There's even a plane with adjustable front and rear shoes for planing rounded items.  Some veneer inlay tools too.  Curse him for using phillips screws in the trigger assembly, lol.

As for the wooden vise, I would believe there's a nut lodged in the upper slider of the vise and probably runs on a couple pins to keep it aligned.

Edited by Fisherman