Ice is forming

Bernie

Just in case some of you were wondering about ice conditions here is a shot from my webcam on Hunters Bay on Nipissing. 
Yesterday there were some open spots but it appears frozen today. 
It’s a little bit later than normal but if it stays cold enough over the next three weeks the season opener should be good to go. 

9DAD925A-1921-43A6-93E3-9F60719B4015.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Just in case some of you were wondering about ice conditions here is a shot from my webcam on Hunters Bay on Nipissing. 
Yesterday there were some open spots but it appears frozen today. 
It’s a little bit later than normal but if it stays cold enough over the next three weeks the season opener should be good to go. 

9DAD925A-1921-43A6-93E3-9F60719B4015.png

God i  miss that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lew said:

Funny you posted this Bernie as I just came in the house and was gonna post that Chemong Lake in the Kawarthas is freezing up too, infact a mile north of the causeway it's skimmed right a cross.

Must not have lasted long, because its open water as far as I can see on Chemong. 

25 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

Must not have lasted long, because its open water as far as I can see on Chemong. 

I came up thru Bridgenorth about 8:30 this morning and could see ice on the west shore around the causeway and then a bit further north it was right across the lake, but with the bright sun today, your right, it may not have lasted too long.

Looks like the webcam from reach Harbour on my lake Lower Buckhorn is showing some ice around the shore and maybe out into the lake a bit I like watching this since I don't get up to the cottage much this time of year just click on webcam from the link to view it updates every few minutes http://reachharbour.com/ oh and by the way Santa has just arrived!!

Kawartha Kev

Came back from Bobcaygeon yesterday and much of the lower end of Pidgeon was skinned over. With the cold last night I imagine there is even more today and they are calling for -11 tonight.  I would not be surprised if some back bays out of the wind might be safe for someone to chip and step there way out for some gills or crappie. However that someone will not be me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lew said:

I came up thru Bridgenorth about 8:30 this morning and could see ice on the west shore around the causeway and then a bit further north it was right across the lake, but with the bright sun today, your right, it may not have lasted too long.

Well it all froze last night with -10 temps. Now its frozen as far as I can see :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, LefroyFisherman said:

Lew, I grew up on Chemong, my parents are still there, Dad said it was frozen over a few days ago by him.

The shorelines frozen, the middle it open. It’s been above 0* last several days. South end has ice, but it be dangerous. 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:07 AM, LefroyFisherman said:

Oh ya, i wasn’t mentioning it so someone can fish, it will be a few weeks probably. I live near simcoe now, I doubt there will be much ice til after New Years. 

As quickly as the ice formed it went away. The last day of mild weather and rain melted all the ice. Chemong is all wide open zero ice now.

2 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

As quickly as the ice formed it went away. The last day of mild weather and rain melted all the ice. Chemong is all wide open zero ice now.

Little cold snap to start the week. It’s going to refreeze, let’s see how much it puts on. Supposed to be close to -20 on g bay tuesday night and three straight days below -15 at night with no snow cover. I might be ice fishing close to home on Christmas. We shall see

Edited by AKRISONER

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Little cold snap to start the week. It’s going to refreeze, let’s see how much it puts on. Supposed to be close to -20 on g bay tuesday night and three straight days below -15 at night with no snow cover. I might be ice fishing close to home on Christmas. We shall see

Coldest I see is -10C tuesday/wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Terry said:

Oh shut up

lets go with   AKRISONERs weather report 

lol 😆 

i want to get ice fishing 

Guess I shouldn't say it,s going to get warm again in a week or so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not that it bothers a guy that will take it or leave it.LOL

Open,covered, there's fishing to be had .