FALL MUSKIE REPORT

Moosebunk

Finished the 2020 fishing season at home mostly isolating and sick with "muskie fever!"  September & October generally make up my year for big ski opportunities and I certainly look forward to each fall for any and every chance at chasing them.  Building on past experiences, researching, experimenting, persistence and keeping up your confidence are many of the things one needs to do in order to improve with any species, but muskies certainly take that up a level.   Anyways, this morning found time to put together a quick photo recap on my site.  If interested...  Click on title "Mooskie Lockdown" below.   

MOOSKIE LOCKDOWN

spacer.png

Thanks for reading..

Bunk.

• Like 4

some amazing fish...and plenty of em! Never seen lower unit oil look like that, wow. I just drained mine yesterday (so sad) and fortunately it looked as good as the day I put it in last year. Its kinda tempting when it looks good flowing out just to put the screw back in! (I didn't)

22 hours ago, Rizzo said:

some amazing fish...and plenty of em! Never seen lower unit oil look like that, wow. I just drained mine yesterday (so sad) and fortunately it looked as good as the day I put it in last year. Its kinda tempting when it looks good flowing out just to put the screw back in! (I didn't)

Bud, I'd never seen it so bad either.  My mechanic tells me the diagnostic had no concerns, the motor ran like a top until surprising me one afternoon.  Just left wondering how long that seal had to leak to pollute the oil to that state?

22 hours ago, lew said:

Great read Drew and some very impressive fish to go along with it.

Thank you sir Lew. You come out of retirement, lemme know! :)

16 hours ago, Whopper said:

Well done Bunk 

Thanks for sharing

Thanks bud!

Nice story and amazing fish. The story about the eels brought back memories of catching them in The Bay of Quinte. Though suckers put up a good fight but hard to unhook while trying to prevent them from wrapping around your arm lol

On 12/14/2020 at 4:57 AM, Cando said:

Nice story and amazing fish. The story about the eels brought back memories of catching them in The Bay of Quinte. Though suckers put up a good fight but hard to unhook while trying to prevent them from wrapping around your arm lol

You must have dug into one of the other fall reports to get the eels in mind.  Those are creatures I'd be happy to forget. lol.

5 hours ago, JonnyButts said:

Another stellar report. Always enjoy reading your stuff Bunk. Looks like you had a great season! 

2020 was OK for fishing.  About the usual average number of days spent on the water but certainly less char, laker and gar days, bit more speck, muskie and pike.  Favorite fish of the year was a PB splake.

3 hours ago, BillM said:

Love reading these.   Tough fall for me on Gbay, but that's pretty much par for the course in this area.   Gotta get out your way!

Your reward one day on GBay will likely be so incredible it'll have everyone fishing Clair and Larry stretching their arms out even further in their pics.

Thanks gentlemen!

On 12/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, Moosebunk said:

You must have dug into one of the other fall reports to get the eels in mind.  Those are creatures I'd be happy to forget. lol.

Hmmm I guess the link I clicked on above sent me to the dark depth of the net or I just kept reading far past your fall muskie report lol I'd like to forget them too. They mangled my good wire made worm harnesses lol.