Any of you boys cottage around Apsley ?

lew

Very sad, it's going to affect a lot of people especially seniors living in the area that now have to go to Peterborough for groceries. 

Beans, I believe it was called Jack lake or something like that. We never did catch a lot of fish but we did have fun 😊

It is sad. Thank goodness there were no injuries as a result of the fire. We live in a village let alone small town, not even a grocery store to burn down.  It's a big deal to have a grocery store in many small towns in rural Ontario, a very big deal. I have total empathy for these folks, it's going to be tough for them until they rebuild, hopefully they rebuild, unless another Mom and Pop store it's highly unlikely, especially in a Covid-19 business climate.

Fire burned down our local automotive repair last summer. We had all our automotive needs done there. The closest auto repair shop to us now is 35 KMs away. There is a shop closer but I found out years ago when I had a car towed there that they do not take on any new customers unless related to current or passed customers, (welcome to small town Ontario.) With zero public transportation out here a cab is over 25 bucks one way, the number of cabs have doubled latelty, we have 2 now, if you don't want to wait over an hour for one of the two call ahead the day before I was told. I could walk home after dropping off the car or truck at what was the local shop, on a nice day, not now. Losing an essential service in a small community is a big deal.  Come to think of it our only gas station closed last summer, that is a pain as it's a 45 minute return trip now to get that gas can filled to finish cutting the lawn. At that station you had to call to see if they had any gas in the tanks.  If they didn't answer th phone you could be sure they were out of gas. Or you could call Fay our local Librarian, from where her phone is at the library she could see across the road and tell you if there was a sign on the pump, "NO GAS". I need to keep writing all this small town stuff down for my book.  "A Citiot Living In A Small Town in Ontario"