pulled the trigger on new camera

fishindevil

You got fantastic camera, have fun using it.
I am not sure how experienced you are but let me just tell one thing. You may discover there is plenty really good photographers out there sharing their knowledge.
YouTube is your friend, I would not pay for any classes, at least for now.

What type of photography you are planning to do?

thats awesome sofabed thanks i will check it out i have also been watching a ton of amazing youtube videos on camera setup and learning as much as i can and i will learn it as well as all the experts here thanks for the link i will further look into it   thanks    cheers 

If your Canon has a version of the “scene” setting on many Nikons you will find it very helpful. 

This feature allows you to set the camera for a picture situation, like “sunset” and the camera will automatically balance the exposure for a bright background so you don’t get an over exposed, washed out sky.  Likewise the “snow” setting will re calibrate the light meter for a white background, so you don’t get the dreaded “grey” snow...

The owner’s manual will explain what the camera is doing, so you can understand what’s going on, and why, but using this one of these features will greatly shorten the learning curve.