Plater sticker has arrived

i renewed on line and it was here in two weeks. Yes we don’t have to do it, but I like to follow the rules and regulations, always have, there are no free rides and eventually we will pay for missed renewals.

I hated standing in line to renew!!! We all remember those years.. 

Wayne, don’t worry I won’t turn you in. 

Now the driver’s licence and heath card, both expired!! 
Will tackle next week. If a photo is needed then I’m as they say, SOL.

Keep well, what I posted is only my experience and not as we say in advertising a CTA (Call To Action).

LOL.. I've done nothing illegal to be turned in for! Just following guidelines provided by the powers to be!.. and saving $240 while I'm at it. Looking like I'll get to do it again in March and then it will be 3 classics = $360 LOL Truck is also due Dec 31st... let it roll....

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It won't let me renew online, I'm guessing because it's a black & white plate (commercial, technically).  Looks like I'll be saving the money 'cause I'll be damned if I'm going to MTO on a good day.  Now with COVID people are lined up 25 deep outside waiting to get into my local Service Ontario.  No thanks!

32 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

It won't let me renew online, I'm guessing because it's a black & white plate (commercial, technically).  Looks like I'll be saving the money 'cause I'll be damned if I'm going to MTO on a good day.  Now with COVID people are lined up 25 deep outside waiting to get into my local Service Ontario.  No thanks!

My buddy had to go in to get his . He said the same thing,no online . He just made an appointment, and got in.

1 hour ago, Dutch01 said:

If they have appointments that would be cool I'll look into that thanks!

Odd, I did my Black plate for my GMC online and the new Ryker 30 days ago and got them in 15'ish days.  One came in one day the other the next.  They did that to the Mrs too for her 2 cars and bike when she renewed.  3 letters on 3 different days.  Way to waste $ on postage....  

Edited by GBW

23 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

That is odd. Luckily they're not expiring them during COVID cause I'm not in a rush to pay $185 or whatever it is this year.

But will they want it ALL eventually, that is the question? As they used to say many years ago “gas, a$$ or grass, nobody rides for free” 

1 hour ago, ketchenany said:

But will they want it ALL eventually, that is the question? As they used to say many years ago “gas, a$$ or grass, nobody rides for free” 

YUP, they will try and collect all back funds no matter what it was from.  Hence why I went online and did it when I did so I potentially don't get a huge bill at a later date to renew.  Well, it least that's my hope and theory for my logic, the little I have...  

I can't see how they can collect retroactively. There's no penalty for not plating your vehicle every year; if you're not diving it. That's what I'll be telling them; I didn't need that vehicle during such and such time frame. My 50 Chevy hasn't had a new sticker for the last three years; that its been in for restoration. When I do put it back on the road, I'll just have to pay what's left in my year till my birthday. A friend of my has a 68 Galaxie that hadn't been plated for 20+ plus years. He went in put his normal amount of money down and got his new plate and sticker. No questions asked; not even if the car is fit for the road.

Dan

• Like 3

Exactly Dan. I use to buy stickers every year, driving or not, as I was always afraid Ontario would start mandating safeties if your car hadn't been stickered continuously. I'm just getting some money back for all those wasted paid years that the cars were stored!

• Like 4