Ice fishing temagami?

georginaisle

The new owners of Loon will take great care of you!

BUT, I can't stress it enough to you, other than the packed trail to Loon's huts.. DO NOT even think about travelling on the lake at night.

Blue coloured firefox spoon seems to be a treat for Pickeral..

Edited by irishfield

5 hours ago, irishfield said:

The new owners of Loon will take great care of you!

BUT, I can't stress it enough to you, other than the packed trail to Loon's huts.. DO NOT even think about travelling on the lake at night.

Blue coloured firefox spoon seems to be a treat for Pickeral..

I take it you've met Adam, and his family. He did a bang up job on White Lake for the dozen years he was there after his dad bought Cedar Cove resort and creating Adams Outfitters and building it up bigger and better each year. Last three years he ran a derby for charity. His new bungalows I believe were relocated to Loon lodge a week ago. Not sure what the previous owners had for shacks.
https://www.facebook.com/adamsoutfitting/

When you speak of not going off the roads at night is it because of sketchy ice in some areas or is it more related to pressure cracks and ridges?

Cheers

More related to huge slush fields that for the past 10 years or so have been a yearly thing. Bad enough at 8AM in -32C. I'm fairly certain it would be a death sentence at night...

That, and even if on the packed trail, and snow falling and a strong wind and it gets really easy to miss a trail marker and get turned around. Has even happened to us and can get a little dicy trying to find the shoreline to follow it, hopefully, home. I CAN NOT stress enough how important it is to carry a compass!

temagamifeb25tomar62016 094.JPG

temagamifeb25tomar62016 125.JPG

temagamifeb25tomar62016 096.JPG

temagamifeb25tomar62016 133.JPG

Edited by irishfield

13 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Yah that's close Lew, guess I'll have to dig out my icefishing box and see if I can get some pictures. They're not Bluefox, although I'm sure similar shape and colour would work as well.

Since you,ll be out looking,look for those udder lures. LOL:tease:

• 2 months later...