Black Friday?

Mark I got an email today from Sail abour a sale that might be good.  Then again, they have limited stock...  

Otherwise, it might be an online sort of hunt the next for days for some hidden jem deals.  Not sure.  I am well stocked on the moment for fishing items/gear so I have been looking more for motorcycle items.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GBW said:

I got an email today from Sail  that might be good.  Then again, they have limited stock... 

Since Sail has "restructured" I hate getting the daily e-mail about the great sale they are having.. only to find that is really only a $7898.00 coat on sale %60 off.. 

The black Friday e-mail was no different..  but worse.. most of the fishing stuff was in-store only or limited stock.

No deals to be found online.. there are a bunch of local shops running great deals but in-store only

• Like 1

They really do have some expensive stuff I used to get some truly exceptional deals on rods at the store in Mississauga. That must have been the store with unpublicized sales. Now that store is closed and the store in Burlington looks like it should be closed but just has no inventory

Dang, any left ? Go grab me one. LOL

Sweet buy bud.

Cabelas had the striker suit on 50% off Friday at 6 am. The hard water one. I got a discounted price on the one I bought a couple of weeks ago,as it was marked down. Ya,I got me a striker suit a couple weeks ago. Picked up the Striker Ice .:Gonefishing:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, misfish said:

Sweet buy bud.

Cabelas had the striker suit on 50% off Friday at 6 am. The hard water one. I got a discounted price on the one I bought a couple of weeks ago,as it was marked down. Ya,I got me a striker suit a couple weeks ago. Picked up the Striker Ice .:Gonefishing:

Last one at that store at least. Weird thing was I looked online before I bought it and it didn't show up in their online inventory.

Striker at 50% is a steal too. I love mine, it's hands down the best suit I've owned.

11 hours ago, misfish said:

Sweet buy bud.

You won’t regret it.  Compared to my 25 year old buoy O buoy suit that was like wearing a suit of armour, the striker is amazing.

image.jpeg.cf62c44e59ec586160e2b06eb0477b32.jpeg

sail had the 95sv on for $999 down from $1499 

i couldn’t find it cheaper at any other retailer. 

also rakuten had a 10% cash back bonus on items purchased online from sail so I pulled the trigger on getting a Garmin force and got $400 back

black friday ain’t what it used to be but there were some great deals I saw you just had to dig hard.

the perfect jig also had some fantastic deals on tungsten. 

Rah fish was absolutely blowing out their inventory. They had touques for like $5 or something

im sure these deals are still here for cyber Monday. Look to the manufacturers rather than the retailers for deals on tackle.

you won’t find great deals on non high end tackle because prices are set and the markup isn’t as high. 

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

How do the garmins  compare to hummingbird units? 

I would argue that humminbird’s side and down imaging with the mega + is definitely better. But I would also argue that Garmin with the touch screen and menus is a better system. 

navigation...I’ve been seeing some very troubling wonky stuff with humminbirds lately. I’m not sure what’s going on but the gps calibration seems off. Weird weird stuff.

the real winner though is livescope. I haven’t bought it yet but am now ready to. Once you see livescope...phh it’s not even comparable. Humminbird just announced they are launching their own version in 2021 but there’s no way someone’s first version will run as well as another company that’s been doing it for years.

finally, the main reason for the switch is I’m done with Johnson controls and their garbage trolling motors it was time for a switch and I’m putting my faith in someone else. Hopefully they don’t let me down. The industry exclusive wireless linking between units and trolling motors is untouched in the industry still. That’s absolutely massive.

Edited by AKRISONER

21 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

Interesting. I never had issues with my hummingbird or minnkota. Hummingbird makes it hard because they connect to the minnkota which if you don’t want that feature you can go elsewhere; otherwise your stuck. 

thats exactly why they do it. And exactly why garmin and Lowrance came out with their own trolling motors. They are expensive as hell, but they took all of the newest available tech and threw them into their units. 

Im excited to try the force out, apparently its incredible...i guess we will know this year. Brushless, wireless. I mean when you think about how humminbird refused to go with the wireless tech so that they can sell you networking cables, ok so you dont have to pay for that with garmin...but you pay more for the tech up front. Wireless linking in 2020 seems like a no brainer though at this point.

33 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

thats exactly why they do it. And exactly why garmin and Lowrance came out with their own trolling motors. They are expensive as hell, but they took all of the newest available tech and threw them into their units. 

Im excited to try the force out, apparently its incredible...i guess we will know this year. Brushless, wireless, gas shock deploy. I mean when you think about how humminbird refused to go with the wireless tech so that they can sell you networking cables, ok so you dont have to pay for that with garmin...but you pay more for the tech up front. Wireless linking in 2020 seems like a no brainer though at this point.

On 11/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, misfish said:

Sweet buy bud.

That was a crazy good deal on the Striker Hardwater suit!