Hang on to your hats

MJIG

Funny as I just said to my wife a few minutes ago that it seemed like the bad weather missed us. We've got some wind but nothing extreme and some light rain but it looks like we're gonna get hammered later today.

Edited by lew

28 minutes ago, lew said:

Funny as I just said to my wife a few minutes ago that it seemed like the bad weather missed us. We've got some wind but nothing extreme and some light rain but it looks like we're gonna get hammered later today.

Sun shin here now Lew, but looking east,it sure is dark. Hang on brudder.

23 minutes ago, misfish said:

Sun shin here now Lew, but looking east,it sure is dark. Hang on brudder.

Thanks Brian, the winds are howling now with heavy rain and my power went out 10 minutes ago but the GENERAC fired right up and my house is running normal again.

That generator was the best $6000 I ever spent.  👍

• Like 1

I may have picked up my generator just in time, it's all fueled up and ready to go if needed. But so far we haven't even had a flicker. Figures lol. If you know of anyone in the Kawarthas that is going to be out of power for an extended period let me know and I'll bring this generator over for them. 

On 11/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, Fisherman said:

Ya, 3 minutes of a deluge of rain, then 30 seconds of ridiculous wind probably 90+.  I pity the poor living at the east end of Lake Erie, over 100 km/h winds.

How about gusts measured at Port Colbourne of 150 KPH just before the bouy sunk.  I could write a book if I could spell. When the power is off and all one can hear is the wind blowing and the clinking of glassware in the cupboards and the sight of the candle flame dancing the Bossa Nova from the shack shaking when a wave hits the break wall can be unerving. 

I need spell check. Help please. PM me. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 11/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, OhioFisherman said:

When I got up yesterday my power was out and it was howling, you hear people say a tornado sounds like a train? It sounded like that pretty much all day here.

Everytime I hear that song the hair on the back of my neck stands up. I was a young shipping/recieving clerk in the plant. I did the books for the docks that brought in Metalurgical Coal and Iron Ore pellets for Ironmaking. That Ore boat was at the plant with Iron Ore many, many times and our Dock Foremen knew many of the souls lost. I was lucky enough to get invited, or I should say my wife was invited  to a concert at McMaster University in Hamilton that Gordon Lightfoot put on with all proceeds going to his charity. He suffered massive heart failure and was treated at E.R. at Mac who he credits for saving his life. Not many dry eyes in the house when he played that song.

120 payne look alike 4 .jpg

Edited by Old Ironmaker
fatal anuerism. Where the pic came from who knows?