Thank you Princess Auto

I have been thinking about picking up a small generator to use here as a backup and to use at my property up North. I was surfing on line this morning and saw that PA had a 2000W inverter generator for $499.00. I decided to drive over to Newmarket to have a look. When I  couldn't find it I asked one of the staff but they didn't have any on the shelf. That young man did everything he could think of to help me, checked to see if they had any on hold that hadn't been picked up, offered to phone other stores... when he couldn't find one he even checked to see if he could discount a similar but more expensive unit but it was beyond what he could do. Along came the department manager, when he heard what was going on he intervened and was able to do a price override and gave me the more expensive unit at the same price as the one I came for. 

I have to tell you, I am so impressed with Princess Auto and their customer service, oh and the new generator is everything i hade hoped for and then some. 😊

Edited by Big Cliff
  • Like 5

Cliff, I never knew they existed until a few year back. I had one next to my office in Markham and used them, amazing. I  ordered a cable for my generator for a hard hookup for my house  online and they came through with an amazing price. Couldn’t buy the wire for that. 
I’m live closer to the Brampton store so I go there.

Congrats on your new toy. 

Princess is my go to store for a tool that I may use a couple of times a year; not so much for daily use. We all know most of the tools are Chinese knockoffs and the quality is just not there for longevity of use.  Like I said something you may need for whatever a few times; so why not buy it cheep? For me it was when I was running new air lines at the garage. I went with black pipe and needed to thread the pipe for the various fittings. PA had a thread kit that was half the price of any of the competitors. Sure 3/4 the way through the job the die ratchet went for a crap; but with some Mac Gyvering I made it through the job. 

As for what Cliff said about customer service; it has also been very good for me. I usually go on-line to their catalog, find what i want and take a screen shot of it on my phone. I walk in to the store and if I can't find it; I ask one of the sales people where it might be and show them the pic with the Sku # .

The on-line ordering also works good; other then my wife can see that I bought something from PA. LOL

Dan.  

I have saved hundreds if not 1000's of dollars because of this lockdown. As I no longer drive by PA like I did before I don't stop each and everytime no matter what town I'm in and buy stuff I don't need or even know what it's for at times. I think I have about 75 ratchet straps, most still in the package. I have never driven by a Princess Auto, ever, including Nova Scotia a few times. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone actually open Princess Auto's website to shop their products??? Went to order some stuff and other than the header and their projects section nothing opens, can't browse products or order. Even the emails they send, click the items in the email and it won't show on their web page, all you get is the page header. I'm trying both Explorer and Chrome... if you can open it advise with what browser...

Edited by irishfield

According to their Face Book page they revamped their website. Dec 3rd they were still aware some people could not access their website but have no answers as to why. I dumped all my cookies for Princess Auto and this time upon opening their page I got to see the sales items from the email I got yesterday. Click any of them to shop and back to blank screen..... DANG. 

• 2 weeks later...