Strike out on Pigeon.

captpierre

nopers...all were in the 35-37 inch range. The one we lost at boatside...waiting for the net to show up...was about 40. It was hooked with only 8 feet of line out so our net man wasn't ready when we had the fish at boatside. Still had to complete his retrieve etc...pretty sure he wanted me to lose it

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tjames09 said:

It took me 3 days on Pigeon before I got one.....Tough lake lately. Gets fished hard. 

If it was easy everybody would do it :)

Seme on the Ottawa for me fish or two every outing but you have to put the time in to it.

Feels like private river, didn't see boat for long time!

21 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

It took me 3 days on Pigeon before I got one.....Tough lake lately. Gets fished hard. 

ya we were hesitant to go there. Our last fall trip to Pigeon we were 0 for 1 in 2.5 days of fishing....then we remembered that can happen anywhere and decided to go for it anyways!

well got out there one more time (this past Tuesday) and we had to work for it. One for one...38.5 inches. Normally I wouldn't measure fish that size but it was the first for a friend of mine so we had to get an accurate measurement. It certainly made his day! Water temps were 42-43 degrees

Been a tough fall on Pigeon. Hit quite a few decent ones trolling with deeper diving walleye baits near bottom around structure at 1.5 mph in Sept-early Oct.  Ended up always bringing my big Muskie net along. Every fish lip hooked. Was lucky to land most even without leader. You would think a 42-45 would gulp a 5 inch crankbait down deep. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Makes unhooking so much easier.