Gonna be cold 🥶

Gonna be swimming in the lake today pulling the marine rails and docks out. Luckily I’ve got a dry suit to wear...still not fun though. 

damn forecast had to get worse and worse on my vacation week. Howling winds freezing temperatures. Then my vacation ends and it’s supposed to be 15. 

good times

28 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Gonna be swimming in the lake today pulling the marine rails and docks out. Luckily I’ve got a dry suit to wear...still not fun though. 

damn forecast had to get worse and worse on my vacation week. Howling winds freezing temperatures. Then my vacation ends and it’s supposed to be 15. 

good times

Wait a few days. Spring arrives Wednesday and stays about a week. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, captpierre said:

Wait a few days. Spring arrives Wednesday and stays about a week. 

Unfortunately I gotta head south and close up the sale of my house and install some pot lights at my new house. So the work had to be done today!

people think owning a cottage is all boat rides campfires and fishing when in reality it’s pulling patio stones off of the bottom of the lake in 6 feet of water during a snow squall lol

10 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Unfortunately I gotta head south and close up the sale of my house and install some pot lights at my new house. So the work had to be done today!

people think owning a cottage is all boat rides campfires and fishing when in reality it’s pulling patio stones off of the bottom of the lake in 6 feet of water during a snow squall lol

A fishing float tied to a good weight with about a foot of line, set the weight on the patio stone and you can find it really easy in the spring (as long as the lake doesn't freeze to the bottom). Saves repositioning every thing every spring 😊. 

Give the laziest man the toughest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it 😂

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, AKRISONER said:

good times

Ah damn. I thought that only happened to me. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

A fishing float tied to a good weight with about a foot of line, set the weight on the patio stone and you can find it really easy in the spring (as long as the lake doesn't freeze to the bottom). Saves repositioning every thing every spring 😊. 

Give the laziest man the toughest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it 😂

I wish it was that simple. We have a marine rail system resting on the stones that are stacked for slope and levelling. 

We take the section of rail that goes through the ice out. Put the cart and the first piece of rail jacked up on a crib and sink the outer piece of rail. In order to sink it the stones have to come out. We leave the ones stuck in the mud but the other ones come out to get the rail below the ice.