Growing up as a "Trailer Park Boy" - newest post

gordy28

Channel surfing the other day I ended up coming across an older episode on Trailer Prak Boys

A few days later I saw a few posts on this site about finding a seasonal trailer

Growing up I spent a huge chunk of my life heading up to my parents trailer at Sandy Beach Trailer Park on Balsam Lake

It's where I learned to fish, drive a boat, water ski and build a fire.  I am certain its a huge reason I have continued to spend a lot of time heading North as an adult 

https://www.northernjacks.com/post/trailer-park-boy

Thanks for reading (and to Tomkat - thanks for the inspiration!)

Cheers

Andrew

spacer.png

Edited by gordy28

We had a trailer in a little park near Lakefield (north of Peterboro)for 36 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Made plenty of lifelong friends and great memories to last forever.

I now live only a few minutes from there.

3 hours ago, lew said:

We had a trailer in a little park near Lakefield (north of Peterboro)for 36 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Made plenty of lifelong friends and great memories to last forever.

I now live only a few minutes from there.

Too funny.  My family used to camp at Lakefield all the time before they ended up buying trailers and moving into the Park.  Was an amazing place to spend time as a kid 

cheers

Andrew 

1 hour ago, gordy28 said:

My family used to camp at Lakefield

Were your folks in the actual Lakefield Campground down by the dam & locks ?

We were on the west side of Katchawanooka about 5 minutes south of Youngs Point.

Still a beautiful area all through here.

26 minutes ago, lew said:

Were your folks in the actual Lakefield Campground down by the dam & locks ?

We were on the west side of Katchawanooka about 5 minutes south of Youngs Point.

Still a beautiful area all through here.

Lew I am not sure.  I will ask them

it is a nice area for sure.  I went past there a few years ago visiting a friend and drove right past Katchawanooka 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, AKRISONER said:

absolutely love that area myself. Have a very close family friend that is based out of theona park. I have spent a pile of time fishing those lakes.

For sure - the bulk of my Kawartha experience was spent on Balsam, a little bit on Sturgeon 

One of these days I am buying a small aluminum boat to be hauled around various lakes in the area