Uchi Lake Lodge Report August 2020

4x4bassin

Myself and a couple friends travelled up to Uchi Lake Lodge in NW Ontario this August and had an absolute blast. The lodge is located in the Ear Falls/Red Lake area and is a walleye factory to say the least . Pike are a very unutilized fish in this lake due to the high demand on the walleye.Catching 80-100 walleye per boat in a day was not a problem for us   and the pike fishing was awesome as well. The average walleye caught was around 18-20” with the biggest being 27” As for the pike , several nice ones were caught with a 40” lost in the net boatside.....not my most brightest of moments LOL 

Lures of choice were your basic 1/4 oz jig in chartreuse or pink with a half dew worm for the walleye and for the pike , trolled deep diving cranks were the lures for the week. 
The lodge itself was great and had everything we needed and more including great staff to help us with any needs. Food was also amazing and plentiful so no need to go hungry at Uchi. It is also the only lodge on the lake which is a real bonus. The boats are clean and dry and powered by brand new Yamaha 4 strokes. Each boat has 2 or 3 padded swivel seats which are a real plus when you are out on the water all day.
The lake itself is a large lake with lots of structure and bays to hide in if the weather gets nasty as well as a couple portage lakes that are always an adventure and full of walleye. 
So enough of the talk , let’s get into some pictures......

There you have it , a quick report on our trip up to Uchi Lake Lodge. 
As well I would like to give a quick thank you to Shayne and the rest of the Uchi family.

One more thing , if a fly in to NW Ontario is something your thinking about go for it , the lodges up there really need your help with all the craziness of 2020 and if you need any info on Uchi send me a message or give the lodge a call and they will gladly help you out. 

Edited by 4x4bassin
  • Like 2

Hey Guys,  thanks for a great written report and pictures that have me drooling.   

NW Ontario is special to me as I feel more at home up there than any place I've ever been.

In 1983, I started flying in for the walleye opener and the streak wasn't broken until 2020.   Annual trips were 2 weeks to 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, TennesseeGuy said:

Hey Guys,  thanks for a great written report and pictures that have me drooling.   

NW Ontario is special to me as I feel more at home up there than any place I've ever been.

In 1983, I started flying in for the walleye opener and the streak wasn't broken until 2020.   Annual trips were 2 weeks to 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Nice to hear from you...hope all is well.