Salmon regulations

Sketty55

Hi guys. I've been a bass fisherman my whole life but I just went Salmon fishing for the first time in the east end of the city. I live in Mississauga and I would like to give it a try maybe in the Credit river but I'm not fully understanding the regulations. It seems like certain areas of the river have different regulations? For example, if i go to Hewick Meadows in Port Credit, there is a sign right on the bridge that tells you what is allowed. Now what about other areas where signs may not be posted? I took a look on the cvc.ca website and see the following: 

Are there any additional tips for a first timer such as maps that might show which areas I can actually try? This might seem obvious to most but I just want to get it right before I violate any rules. Thanks! 

Exceptions for the Credit River

Regulation exceptions have been developed to provide anglers with additional opportunities or to protect fish during sensitive times of the year such as spawning periods.  These exceptions are:

• EXTENDED FALL SEASON (4th Sat. in April to Dec. 31) for Rainbow and Brown Trout and pacific salmon from the south side of Britannia Road upstream to the south side of the Highway 407 bridge.
  • YEAR ROUND OPEN SEASON for Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and pacific salmon from the south side of Highway 403 bridge downstream to Lake Ontario.
  • NO FISHING for any species from August 15 to the Friday before the fourth Saturday in April in the Credit River and tributaries from the south side of the Highway 403 bridge upstream to the south side of the Britannia Road
  • NO FISHING for any species from January 1 to the Friday before the fourth Saturday in April in the Credit River and tributaries from the south side of the Britannia Road bridge upstream to the south side of the Old Baseline Road bridge, excluding Levi’s Creek and Fletcher’s Creek.
  • NO FISHING for any species from October 1 to the Friday before the fourth Saturday in April in the Credit River and tributaries from the south side of the Old Baseline Road bridge in Caledon upstream to Highway 9.
  • Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout and Brown Trout catch and possession limit of zero (0) and only artificial lures (no organic bait) with one (1) single-pointed barbless hook can be used when angling the Credit River and tributaries upstream of Old Baseline Road in Caledon..