Thinking of fishing Pigeon tomorrow. Any advice?

Ticket_Terry

Been a while since I've been on the water, but was thinking of going out on Pigeon Lake for the day with a couple friends (they don't fish very often)

Looking for a couple decent spots just to catch a few Bass.  Maybe a spot or 2 to cast for Muskies.

Looks like an ok day weather wise with 11km winds.

Renting a boat from Buckeye Rentals so was thinking around the Big Island.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated!

Thanks

Terry

pigeon.gif

Buckeye Rentals.jpeg

If you have maps or GPS find a hump, anchor in 15-20 ft around the hump and drop shot a minnow, worm or scented plastic.  Will catch in this order: bluegills, smallies, walleye and even Muskie.  If no action move 20 metres or try another hump.   Good luck 

Edited by captpierre

can't go wrong around big island...I don't fish the other species you said but musky can certainly be found almost anywhere around the island. Let us know how did. I wonder if Buckeye rentals is the same older lady who ran the Buckeye Motel...Joyce...hope she is still alive! She had a few years on her when I used to rent rooms there, and that was a little bit ago!

My boys have had good luck at the bottom of Big Island in close to the bullrushes...

I myself like to fish points like Hurricane Point where they extend out into the lake (watch your motor...most are not marked)

I had a trailer at Gypsie Point for twenty years and always fished Bottom's Island,Red Rock at North end of Boyd Island,Gordon Rock, Taits Bay, Hurricane Pt., Dropping Springs,  Steamboat, Dead Horse Shoals, and farther to the South is Three Sisters Islands, all good for walleye and muskie fishing. There was a map called The Old Guide's Map sold in Buckeye tackle shop, it was very informative.

John Eddy