Battery boosters

One of the family needed a boost recently. The CAA guy  came with a booster and started the vehicle.. i had been thinking of getting one but there are so many types out there that i am totally confused. What features should I be looking for? Which brands are good/

Thx

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-eliminator-750a-lithium-ion-booster-pack-and-power-bank-0111906p.html#srp

On 10/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, Terry said:

I have that same one and it worked well for me.   But I can’t find where I left it the last time I used it

guess I’m buying another one 

I would say I am surprised, but I am not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have seen videos where guys use them as a battery pack for their small trolling motors .

Missed on the river this morning Harold. Never seen so many guys and so little fish.LOL

Noco GB40 is reliable for me. They go on sale quite often.
You can charge your electronics as well.
"Powerful 1000 peak amp rating is suitable for gas engines up to 6 litres and diesel engines up to 3 litres"
You can get bigger one if you need.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:16 PM, SirCranksalot said:

Thx guys. So I guess the one I posted would be quite sufficient for my Honda CRV?

Yep,  use the same one on my Honda Pilot.

Even worked with only a 25% charge on it.

Good for charging USB devices on remote fishing trips too.  ;)

I can't count the times I have stood at the side of the road or stood in a boat holding booster cables begging for a jump. I bought the exact CTC booster as shown above. I have an earlier CTC booster but bought this version because of it's compact size saving valuable space and keep it in the boat. I can't tell you if either one works, Since I finally bucked up and invested in a booster pac I haven't needed a boost of course. 

Always remember to check on the charge before heading out on land or sea. 

Seven Years ago I bought one not the same model but it had a 110 and 12 V outlets.

never needed it. I charged it and put it aside. When I went to use it it was dead. Contacted them and they told me it had to stay plugged in when not in use!!!!! 

well the light works!! 

I’ve had two of these things and doth crapped out after a few uses. 
If you or someone needs a boost there’s nothing better then a good old reliable set of cables. For me there’s nothing worse then going to a customer’s car with a little booster pack in one hand and my dick in the other and neither working. LOL 

Dan. 

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, SirCranksalot said:

So it's safe to use on cell phone?

The paperwork it comes with say it does. The thing that told me that is the plug init that fits electronics. I don't believe a 12 volt appliance will last long on a charge. If it does and I use it to power a 12V radio ietc. t won't be much use when I need a boost.