Outrageous boaters

EE_

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Hopefully they pull his Mickey Mouse Ontario boating licence too. Lord knows they do are so hard to get and educate boaters so well. 

As if revoking this duffuses boaters permit he will stop running a boat, like many idiots that have their drivers licenses suspended stop driving.  Until boating requires full liability insurance to operate a boat in Canada where insurance rates will increase when convicted of boating violations idiots like this will just keep on being idiots and the fines are just the price of entertainment, if they ever get caught and fined. 

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

i actually think its the opposite. In 2020 we have meatheads everywhere running around embracing being giant D bags.

Look at Colby Covington in the UFC. Its an entire movement.

I suppose so. Sad stuff.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

As if revoking this duffuses boaters permit he will stop running a boat, like many idiots that have their drivers licenses suspended stop driving.  Until boating requires full liability insurance to operate a boat in Canada where insurance rates will increase when convicted of boating violations idiots like this will just keep on being idiots and the fines are just the price of entertainment, if they ever get caught and fined. 

I guess I should have wrote (sarcasm) after my comment.  Lol

I've seen a large charter boat running big planner boards amongst the kayakers, scullers, tinnies and myself in a Toon at the Credit estuary targeting salmon. It's the right move in deeper water away from the small, or tiny craft found at the mouth this time of year and the guy should know better, but he doesn't

21 minutes ago, Snidley said:

I've seen a large charter boat running big planner boards amongst the kayakers, scullers, tinnies and myself in a Toon at the Credit estuary targeting salmon. It's the right move in deeper water away from the small, or tiny craft found at the mouth this time of year and the guy should know better, but he doesn't

That's almost as bad as the sail boaters setting up a race course in the middle of the pack area where all the charter and rec boats are fishing the staging salmon at Pt. Credit and then at the end just cutting the anchor lines from their buoy's to then get caught in down rigger cables. 

• Sad 1

Via Facebook 

A suspect has been charged by members of the Peterborough County OPP Marine Unit after a dangerous boating incident occurred on Rice Lake on September 26 around 7:00pm.

Investigators were able to obtain video footage of the incident which showed the suspect driving a speed boat at a high rate of speed through a group of 25-30 small fishing vessels. 

Police say the suspect circled and drove between the fishing vessels several times almost causing them to capsize.

The speed boat and suspect were identified by anonymous members of the public after local media outlets reported on the incident.

48 year old Randy Crossen of Cobourg, Ontario is charged with Dangerous operation. 

The man is scheduled to appear in court November 25.

Watch video of the incident here: https://youtu.be/BPcR7Psn-eo

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Snidley said:

Looks like they caught the guy. Here’s news story

Kawartha Lake News

A suspect has been charged by members of the Peterborough County OPP Marine Unit after a dangerous boating incident occurred on Rice Lake on September 26 around 7:00pm.

Investigators were able to obtain video footage of the incident which showed the suspect driving a speed boat at a high rate of speed through a group of 25-30 small fishing vessels. 

Police say the suspect circled and drove between the fishing vessels several times almost causing them to capsize.

The speed boat and suspect were identified by anonymous members of the public after local media outlets reported on the incident.

48 year old Randy Crossen of Cobourg, Ontario is charged with Dangerous operation. 

The man is scheduled to appear in court November 25.

Watch video of the incident here: https://youtu.be/BPcR7Psn-eo

That vid of the boater snagging the shore anglers line is very aggravating but not actually dangerous (unless he had to return to the launch nearby of course, lol). The guy I saw was a full on charter boat and he was using Otter Boards with heavy rigging rope. Had he hooked up with one of the small boats he could easily have pulled them from the boat or straight up guillotined them.  Ahh..Salmon season a challenge to the senses, the common senses that is.

Interesting that the same guy identified for reckless boating is also mentioned many times in the article below

http://todaysnorthumberland.ca/2020/10/19/ministry-of-natural-resources-and-forestry-lay-numerous-charges-on-rice-lake-over-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR3L76oGmIKzqSss635RrPqj69RHM2xHzUExnQLY8ZpS6hrFBe6s2HpAx2E