Car plate sticker

glen

My sticker expired in  June and I finally got around to renewing it in March. Only cost me 40ish bucks for the remainder of the sticker, if I remember correctly. Thought it odd, seemed like an incentive not to renew on time. 

• Like 1

They can't make you pay retro unless they can prove I actually drove my truck, which I didn't because of covid. And your insurance doesn't get notified of an expired sticker charge either, for the record. 

Anyways, I will deal with it when its mandatory for me to have one, and until then i will carry on driving for free. :) 

S. 

• Like 4

My 50 Chevy been off the road for the last three years. NEVER tell a body shop to take their time. LOL. 
When i go to get my new sticker for it it’s not going to go back to the last time i renewed. I’ll only pay for the year I’m going to drive it. All service Ontario is going to ask is if i have the car insured. 

I had to get a temporary health card a few weeks ago, not a single person other than moi in the Dunnville Ministry of Transportation office. The nice lady behind the screen asked me if I wanted to get my stickers? I chose not today, money is much better in my pocket than Fords. 2 years for both vehicles is going to be close to 400 smakers, maybe more I don't know as my wonderful money bags wife always gets them for us. 

Why did you have to get a temporary health card? Wife's Doc was hassling her as well, because hers and her drivers licence both expired in January... and they are part of the "extended" expiry situation just like licence stickers and still valid.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, glen said:

Any update on this.  Did anyone have to pay for past stickers? Looks like they want new stickers on your plates by feb 2022.  

They were talking about this on the news a couple months back and they said everyone will pay for the freebies they received once things open up again. I paid for my stickers when they were due but I'm guessing if you owe for past ones you won't get the new sticker until all debts are cleared.

40 minutes ago, glen said:

Any update on this.  Did anyone have to pay for past stickers? Looks like they want new stickers on your plates by feb 2022.  

Yupper bud.

I finally went in last Saturday ( first Saturday they were open here ) New plates and sticker. Sticker was $240 ( had to pay for last year), plates no charge. 

On 2/8/2021 at 12:18 AM, Old Ironmaker said:

I finally got me arse off the reclyner and started walking 4 weeks ago and as they say the new smoking is watching TV, I was up to 12 hours a day, or more chain sitting. My 1st walk lasted 300 yards before I was gasping for air and it will be a year in a few weeks smoke free, quit cold Turkey. We walked 2 miles today, no issues.

It's getting better, thanks very much. 

I wrote that this past Feb. I walked 3 K's Monday pain free. I bought a new pair of sneakers that morning, Sketchers, when I tried them on they felt so good I wore  them out of the store.  My legs were killing me went  we went into  the store, I did 3 lengths of Eastgate Mall in Hamilton after that with what I consider zero pain. Then in the early evening walked 2 K's. This is the 1st time I paid more than a 100 beans for a pair of shoes. I'm told by others that price is on the low end for new kicks. I had to return there this AM and looked in Foot Locker at running shoes, there was 1 pair for more than 150 bucks, wow. I have to tell you guys almost as old as I and has leg pain for any reason you get what you pay for. I am giving these 4 months then will reasess the need for a new pair. 

Johnny D/Selkirk On, home of the new flashing 4 way stop. 

I have no idea where this post is supposed to go. I might not think clearly but I got a new pair of shoes. I think?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 5/5/2021 at 7:30 AM, dave524 said:

some of us old people need to put them on the fridge with a magnet so we don't forget, see above post, now I know why I forgot.

My dear departed Uncle used to put the stickers on the side of the fridge so he didn't lose it. If a Cop stopped  him he told them it must have fallen off. Prove it couldn't.

3 hours ago, glen said:

ok thanks   

It’s going to be a lot of $.  

Like Fisherman said no more than anually, but maybe less than you think depending on your return on investment depending on what you did with it. I made 21% a week on mine, errrrrr I mean 2%, yea 2% anually not weekly. 

Somebody mentioned on this post about going into a Service Ontario building to renew two stickers from the past two years and telling them you didn’t have your vehicle on the road last year so you should only have to pay for this year.  Has anybody tried this and did it work?  Asking for a friend 

7 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Somebody mentioned on this post about going into a Service Ontario building to renew two stickers from the past two years and telling them you didn’t have your vehicle on the road last year so you should only have to pay for this year.  Has anybody tried this and did it work?  Asking for a friend 

Ah, NO.  I'm betting that if your "friend" took his car off the road for two years, it might then need a safety, oh my, more money.  No scamming the system.

If you had a row of little pigs, you could put $2.50 a week into into one and each year your sticker would be covered,  even much less for the driver licence every 5 years.  But people don't think ahead to save a couple schekels to be ready, only p and m and cry.  What happened to being adults or do you still rely on parents to tell you when to change your diapers.

Edited by Fisherman

A little different  got a phone call many years ago from Durham Region police. Do you own a 1989 Corsica. AW yes, could you check a see if the licence sticker is on this vehicle. Yes sir it,s in the driveway. Nope sticker gone. 

Cop said these guy in a lot of trouble. Well this car is parked at Teddy's in Oshawa 5 days a week.

That fits these guys are just down the street.

The moral of the story. Cost us $35 to get new sticker.o

You can take your car off the road for 30 years in Ontario and you don't need a safety to go buy a sticker for this year... trust me on that. My '69 Bee's last safety check was in 1986, after my Father passed away and Mom transferred the car into my name requiring a safety. My last "off the road" period was 14 years without buying a sticker. Most recent is 2 years, due to a stay at home order.. lol.

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, Fisherman said:

Ah, NO.  I'm betting that if your "friend" took his car off the road for two years, it might then need a safety, oh my, more money.  No scamming the system.

No safety required until it changes ownership. 

S. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, Fisherman said:

If you had a row of little pigs, you could put $2.50 a week into into one and each year your sticker would be covered,  even much less for the driver licence every 5 years.  But people don't think ahead to save a couple schekels to be ready, only p and m and cry.  What happened to being adults or do you still rely on parents to tell you when to change your diapers.

How about SCREW the govt, just like thye SCREW us! Im not paying, and I will refuse to pay for stickers that were not required during a pandemic on my work truck that I didn't drive because I was forced to not work. I will go to court over it, and fight it tooth and nail, because its true, and a complete scandal!!! They can go to hell with out my money. 

S.

• Like 1