Car plate sticker

glen

1 hour ago, glen said:

I never got my paper in the mail to renew the plate sticker.  I guess I’ll just go in.  I hope I’m not wasting my time.  
anybody else in the same boat?

Everyone I know is in the same state. I think it’s because they aren’t expiring due to COVID-19.

Source: https://www.ontario.ca/page/extended-validation-periods

Edited by MJIG

7 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

A friend needed to renew her drivers license and health card, she just went into the Services Ontario office here in Lindsay, took her less than 10 minutes. 

We got one here too, same small town wait time usually. When I lived in Stoney Creek , almost 40 years ago the one there on Kenora was a nightmare , can't imagine what it is like there now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, glen said:

I never got my paper in the mail to renew the plate sticker.  I guess I’ll just go in.  I hope I’m not wasting my time.  
anybody else in the same boat?

Yep we are in the same boat. We got our 10 year renewal for the boats paperwork in March. I sent in the $$$ in March, I still have not received the new paperwork for 2020 to 2030 nor a receipt for the 10 yr. registration cost. 

On 9/27/2020 at 7:43 AM, dave524 said:

We got one here too, same small town wait time usually. When I lived in Stoney Creek , almost 40 years ago the one there on Kenora was a nightmare , can't imagine what it is like there now.

Take a nice drive to Dunnville. A 2 person line up is rare Dave. And stop in for some Java. I take double cream.  I took my test from Kenora many years ago, around 69' maybe, it's always been a nightmare there. 1969, wowzah. 

I was told if you took a test with a car with a manual tranny it was a shoe in to pass. I used my older cousins brand new 340 Duster for the test. The 1st thing the young lady that did my test asked was if she could drive  the car before we went back to Kenora. I'll never forget that, or the young lady as a matter of fact. 

• Haha 1

Well this is a plate and sticker story from this morning.

Heading to get a timmies at 6 am. Stopped at a traffic light. Both myself and the car beside me leave on the green. Both side by side, but I need to get to the right lane,so give a bit of gas to the pedal. Get by,and pull to the the right. Car behind slows down. Noticed the head lights in the left lane looked like a Dodge. Cop ? Well that car pulls behind me,on goes the blue and red.  I knew I was up to 60 km in a 50, but really ? So get my lic and ins ready. He walks up,I say man,I was just up to 60. He said that is not why I pulled ya over . I said,my sticker is not up to date . Nope, that is not the reason. I couldn't read your back plate. Seems my back plate is peeling off. Had no idea. He checks me out on the radio I guess. Comes back and says ok, yer a good boy. Just get that plate taken care of when you can. Give a fist pump,say stay safe, and have a good day.

Guess I best get my new plates and a sticker. LOL

• Haha 1

Many cops are handing out tickets for these crap peeling plates.. I think it's $300+ for the unreadable plate yet everyone keeps driving around with them. Free to exchange.. IF you can get into a Service Ontario outlet. I guess right now you can claim "you tried a few weeks ago". Still don't need a current sticker!

Edited by irishfield

8 hours ago, Garnet said:

I don't think plates are cost exempt they will get your money. 

Peeling plates are free to exchange. It started with a BE series and has gone exponential from there. Still no requirement to have a current annual sticker... enjoyed my free summer driving two classics!

I made license plates back in the late 70's/80's when they were of hot dip galvanized steel 😃, no peeling in those days. Actually the place I worked at would precoat the usually white basecoat on a coil of steel and then slit it to the license plate width and ship the slit coils to Millbrook Correctional for further processing. Retired in 2008 as a slitter operator.