Perfect timing.. Not

grimsbylander

So I put down my rod for a second to grab a Plano box from a front compartment in the boat and POOF it’s gone! I Make a quick grab for it but watch as it does a slow sink in 20 FOW. With nothing to lose I fire a tube jig just beyond it and let it drop. Not the ideal “great at hooking crap” lure but hey, no time to mess around. Freakishly, I hooked my rod through the first eye and got it back! Lol One a bazillion there. 
So other than a really sore knee from smacking it on the dive to save the rod I’m pretty darn happy...what a great day. Until I look down. Explains the knee pain. Win some, ya lose some. 
Ordered parts from Shimano and I’m good to go!

48E5BFA6-E7E9-4351-874F-61F90DBC1EFA.jpeg

22 hours ago, misfish said:

Dang. I did that on Erie fishing at the back of Chongers boat. Rod went over and well, it was too wavy to even try to get it back. Nice catch and revive. LOL

Pure luck Brian. It was a strange day for sure, topped off nicely by big smallies and a limit of walleye. The ONLY bright side!

19 hours ago, Rizzo said:

nice work! did you bring in the fish that pulled the rod over in the first place?

LOL No fish and no snag. Just a black and yellow knee for my troubles!

• Like 1

Wow, that’s so lucky!

Last year I saw a guy bottom fishing for salmon at the pier.  He just made a cast and just placed his rod down while taking a seat on his chair.  Next thing you know his rod gets pulled in the water.  

A min or two passes and you hear a few guys down calling fish on!  The guy ends up hooking onto the dudes rod.  He unhooks the rod and the original guy came in and fought his fish and lands it.  Very lucky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ive told this story before but my old man put his rod down ice fishing one time and a pike immediately bit his line and took his rod down the hole gone. 5 minutes later my dad jumped up and shoved his arm down his hole, the fish had swam back past the hole and the rod floated up into his hole again, he grabbed the rod and landed the fish and ate it for dinner.

• Like 1