My very first pontoon - Outcast FC Panther

PUMP KNOWS

Welcome to the environment friendly dark side. LOL

Nice price and deal. I know the outcast are up there, but the material (outer skin ) is unreal tough. Navy grade IMO. I have the outcast now. It,s like a  yak sorta, but man is it stable . Still have not yet tried the electric motor, but now have a 30lb, so need to give it a try.

DSCF6030.JPG.44b45a3751aa5b58f704ff28955cdea1.JPGDSCF6032.JPG.577cfa1b99d748904f3efd848e29cd71.JPGDSCF6036.JPG.d09628e686302ffba02e6ff244f0ca83.JPG

Enjoy the new ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Welcome to the environment friendly dark side. LOL

Nice price and deal. I know the outcast are up there, but the material (outer skin ) is unreal tough. Navy grade IMO. I have the outcast now. It,s like a  yak sorta, but man is it stable . Still have not yet tried the electric motor, but now have a 30lb, so need to give it a try.

Enjoy the new ride.

I saw that on the marketplace and it looks dope.  Do you find it more stable then your other pontoon?  

Also I’m interested to know how well a 30lb trolling motor would be on it.  My friend has a 30lb Minn Kota that he only used a few times and wants a $100 for it.  I’m wondering if I would need something bigger like a 40 or 45

3 minutes ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

I saw that on the marketplace and it looks dope.  Do you find it more stable then your other pontoon?  

Also I’m interested to know how well a 30lb trolling motor would be on it.  My friend has a 30lb Minn Kota that he only used a few times and wants a $100 for it.  I’m wondering if I would need something bigger like a 40 or 45

I found no difference as far as balance goes. I can even stand and still feel safe . I have had it out in 2 ft waves and it just rides the waves. No fear of tipping of flipping over. I think it is about a 6" dif in width.

I ran a 55lb on my pontoon. 3.5 mph 100%.  Balance between you and the motor and battery is a must. I had the seat fully forward. Battery behind the seat and motor after that. A 30lb will be ok, but slower. The older 30 lb motor are not as good as the new. The older ones use 100% no matter the speed, as the newer ones only use what you demand from it.

I am hoping to get out this Saturday to give the 30lb I got a go with the battery. I want to see how the rig handles the battery weight and motor. I am lucky that I can keep the battery at the bow. I see no reason I should have any problems. This thing drifted through 3" of water with out touching the bottom with all my gear and me so far. Happy with my new ride.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

pump a 30 should have no problem pushing you around. Heck when i put my 55lber on my 14 foot tinner with a casting deck the thing nearly threw me in the lake all of the time. You arent going to break the sound barrier, but it will get you where you need to go no problem at all.

If I had to make a choice, I would look into a 40lb for that toon. Scott, these things push a lot different then a tin or a yak. Your pushing 2 bladders with weight in the middle. I used a 30lb way back on a smaller one. It was ok, but on the larger toon, it was not that friendly. Why I went to a 55lb. When you want to get off quick, the 55 lb was nice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

pump a 30 should have no problem pushing you around. Heck when i put my 55lber on my 14 foot tinner with a casting deck the thing nearly threw me in the lake all of the time. You arent going to break the sound barrier, but it will get you where you need to go no problem at all.

My only concern with the 30lb is if I were to fish and the wind starts to pick up, I’d want to feel confident that I can make it back to shore as fast as possible.  I guess with a 40 or 45lb I’d have the peace of mind I can make it back with no problems.

2 hours ago, misfish said:

If I had to make a choice, I would look into a 40lb for that toon. Scott, these things push a lot different then a tin or a yak. Your pushing 2 bladders with weight in the middle. I used a 30lb way back on a smaller one. It was ok, but on the larger toon, it was not that friendly. Why I went to a 55lb. When you want to get off quick, the 55 lb was nice.

Thanks for the info.  I’ll look for a deal on a 40 or 45lb.  I think 55 would be overkill for this setup.

Also how long does a trolling motor last you with a fully charged battery?

6 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Also how long does a trolling motor last you with a fully charged battery?

The 55lb would last from 1st morning ( 5 am ) til noon . That how long I would usually fish for. I would move a lot. I always used 50% throttle . I even towed my anchor when moving. That is about 8 lbs. From spot to spot. When I would come off,there was always 3 and even 4 lights still on the motor which was to tell you how much battery power was left. My battery is a sealed Optima marine battery. It is always kept on a 1.5 amp trickle charger from May til I will not use it anymore.

OPTIMA_BT_D34M_Right_copy.jpg

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 12:37 PM, gordy28 said:

Congrats on the new rig - looks sweet

Hopefully many fish big and small come over the gunnels (not sure if a pontoon has gunnels but you get the gist)

Have you name him or her yet?  In my mind every good vessel requires a worthy name

Cheers

Andrew

no name yet, I’ll have to think about it

On 9/22/2020 at 3:55 PM, misfish said:

The 55lb would last from 1st morning ( 5 am ) til noon . That how long I would usually fish for. I would move a lot. I always used 50% throttle . I even towed my anchor when moving. That is about 8 lbs. From spot to spot. When I would come off,there was always 3 and even 4 lights still on the motor which was to tell you how much battery power was left. My battery is a sealed Optima marine battery. It is always kept on a 1.5 amp trickle charger from May til I will not use it anymore.

OPTIMA_BT_D34M_Right_copy.jpg

thanks, I’ll look into that battery

14 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Been running one of those for years. :)

Good choice. 

Dope.  It looks sick on the water

On 9/25/2020 at 9:18 AM, AKRISONER said:

optima has recently changed who manufactures their batteries. Id honestly suggest Canadian tire AGM personally! Made by east pen deka...best warranty in the game and really competitive pricing. You can usually find them on sale too and save yourself the 15% tax.

Thanks, I’ll look into it