Bow Fishing for Salmon in Port Hope 2020

PUMP KNOWS

At this time of year the wardens are busy wit much more egregious poaching than that. Wildlife like bears, deer, moose etc take a pounding at this time of year. Nice to see that bow fishing in a crowd does not seem to alarm the other "anglers". Soooo... I guess it is safe.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dutch01 said:

Does anyone on the board have a contact at the MNR we could forward the video to?  The guy's face is visible, so if they can track him down he could (and should) be charged.

1-877-847-7667.  http://ocoa.ca/conservation-officer-tips-line-1-877-tips-mnr/

if he is native nothing can be done .. 2 years ago i was at ganny and a native was bowfishing downtown shooting arrows in 6 inches of water as they moved up stream people were standing 30 yards away from him as he shot towards them . i called police and they told me they have had a number of complaints about him doing it and the mnrf told them that if the people felt unsafe to move as the native has more rights to be there then them... this is nothing to do with racism as i have a native grandchild.. i am not happy that they can do it ... but they can 

• Sad 2

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, chessy said:

if he is native nothing can be done .. 2 years ago i was at ganny and a native was bowfishing downtown shooting arrows in 6 inches of water as they moved up stream people were standing 30 yards away from him as he shot towards them . i called police and they told me they have had a number of complaints about him doing it and the mnrf told them that if the people felt unsafe to move as the native has more rights to be there then them... this is nothing to do with racism as i have a native grandchild.. i am not happy that they can do it ... but they can 

bingo!, in the dialogue they mentioned Deseronto, not all people with a status card look native

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

not all people with a status card look native

A good friend's mom is native; he has blue eyes, blond hair and a beard.

He was fishing using means that are considered illegal for non carded people. Not condoning it but he was well within his rights. OPP and CO officers have had to eat their words and threats on many occasions; once his card was produced.

Dan.

• 2 years later...

I went bow fishing for salmon for the first time last year, and it was an amazing experience. The river was so full of fish that it was hard to track them all, and the action was non-stop. I even snagged a few fish myself, which was a real thrill. It's a different way to fish and one that I recommend to anyone looking for a new challenge. You can find all the necessary tips on https://bowarchery.com/best-bowfishing-lights-for-muddy-water/. Also, there is a lot of valuable equipment. Suppose you're lucky enough to get on a river with a good run of salmon. In that case, you're in for an unforgettable experience

Edited by Bessogon
  • Haha 1