Lake Chautauqua Ny

Hank Jr

Hi Everyone

My son and I can't make our fall trip to Canada because of the border being closed . So we are going to try a lake in NY for Muskies in Oct . Have any of you guys fished this lake ? I know its a long shot just trying to get as much info as I can for our trip . Thanks for your help .

Hank Jr

I have fished it before, but not for 17 years or so, it did seem to have a healthy muskie population back then and some one in our bass club usually hooked on in every tournament trip there. North end of the lake is deeper overall than the south end, using the I-86 bridge as the center point, but ski's seem to be on both ends and the middle.

18 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

that release was cringeworthy, why the heck didnt the guy tail it longer? He then comments "im surprised it survived"

anyways not to thread hijack...sorry ahaha

I would take note of what you see in that video, those guys are targeting an area near a major overpass, time to hop on google maps and use streetview to figure out the area they are fishing.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

that release was cringeworthy, why the heck didnt the guy tail it longer? He then comments "im surprised it survived"

anyways not to thread hijack...sorry ahaha

I would take note of what you see in that video, those guys are targeting an area near a major overpass, time to hop on google maps and use streetview to figure out the area they are fishing.

LOL, I hooked a 40+ pitching a jig and pig along the bridge bases, it came right out of the water and my partner was hollering you got a big ski! not for long dude 10#.