Little Cleo Spoon

PUMP KNOWS

9 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I haven't seen any for sale but I have the exact spoon in my weapons of mass distraction. It's an antique in my books.  I have a few Cleo's that haven't gotten wet in over 35 years. I must use them again, they cast like rockets. 

Get out there and start casting those bad boys 

3 hours ago, misfish said:

What size is that pump ?

You could buy any of the colours and just nail polish the green on.

3/4.  I thought about that but that’ll be the last resort.  I also even tried looking online for cleo blanks but haven’t had any luck finding anything similar to a cleo

2 hours ago, mitch seguin said:

I am down to my last one.  I need to hunt down a source as well.

I think I only have 2 left

1 hour ago, dave524 said:

The ones with the Hula dancer on the back work the best 😁 

I only have 1 hula dancer left

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

I don’t think they’re stocking this colour at my local fishing stores 

https://naturalsports.ca/products/acme-little-cleo-casting-spoon?variant=23360987955258

http://hooklineandsinker.ca/acme-cleo/

No idea on what is local for you pump, i wonder how much of an affect this covid deal has had on lure mfgs? Some brands may disappear?

23 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

https://naturalsports.ca/products/acme-little-cleo-casting-spoon?variant=23360987955258

http://hooklineandsinker.ca/acme-cleo/

No idea on what is local for you pump, i wonder how much of an affect this covid deal has had on lure mfgs? Some brands may disappear?

Thanks.  I called natural sports but they don’t have it in stock even tho it’s says it was available on their website.  They just updated it.

22 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Just came home from a trip to CTC in Pickering. They had a number of Cleo's in stock, various sizes and colours. I didn't see your particular lure, but it might be worth a look at a local CTC to you OP.

HH

Whats CTC?  

20 hours ago, fishindevil said:

check the ones made by lucky strike...they work well too and they are in 

I haven’t tried them yet but my buddy has caught salmon with their glow spoons before.  I find their glow ain’t the brightest and the 3/4 size feels a little bit light for 3/4

20 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

How many do you want?

E76E1FDA-C5A2-4F18-A0EA-AF06EA19BF1A.jpeg

Worst case scenario I’ll be paint my own spoons for next fall

1 hour ago, pics said:

I retired my topless hula girl Cleos.. collectors items..😜😎

I wish I owned more but I’m down to only 1

I have always painted hardware my favorite colours. Some lure colours have been discontinued for some reason. Go to Michaels and get almost any colour paint in a small jar or spray can and all sorts of glitter spray on. I like Michael because I can get smaller cans and jars of paint. Then I will seal them in urethane spray on.  A warning, I have taken the 2 plus hour return trip to our closest Michael and found the a can won't spray. I asked a store clerk if they had a piece of something I could try the spray on in the back room and I got a terse Hell No. I go out in the parking lot and try each can on a piece of paper I have in the truck. I brought the bad can in for exchange. Miraculously they have a large piece of cardboard in the warehouse to do exactly as I asked to do.

16 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I have always painted hardware my favorite colours. Some lure colours have been discontinued for some reason. Go to Michaels and get almost any colour paint in a small jar or spray can and all sorts of glitter spray on. I like Michael because I can get smaller cans and jars of paint. Then I will seal them in urethane spray on.  A warning, I have taken the 2 plus hour return trip to our closest Michael and found the a can won't spray. I asked a store clerk if they had a piece of something I could try the spray on in the back room and I got a terse Hell No. I go out in the parking lot and try each can on a piece of paper I have in the truck. I brought the bad can in for exchange. Miraculously they have a large piece of cardboard in the warehouse to do exactly as I asked to do.

thanks!  I’ll give them a try

Best line up around me is Sail, can't say exactly what they had

Although my last buys were the clone spoon from Bass pro - Cabelas Fishermen series

The Cabelas ones certainly worked for me this year on Niagara area Lakers and spring time casting for steelhead. They have that exact color

I really like the wonderbread and metallic colors, Purple-Blue was good

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 7:46 AM, pics said:

I would try Canadian tire.. the last time I was in Sail the shelves were pretty bare.. they can't get any stock in..

No one has stock. Cabelas here has zero trout hooks. Time for Canada to start making a lot of things. Time to stop relying on other countries .

• Like 2