Can-Am Ryker

GBW

Hey all.

Anyone else have a Can-Am Ryker?  If thinking about one of these, FUN!  Just got it on Thursday and been out twice and man it's got some get up and GO with the ACE 900cc in it.  Love to see pic's of mod's if anyone else has one.  

Ryker1.jpg

Ryker2.jpg

Ryker3.jpg

7 hours ago, captpierre said:

Why did you chose this over bike? I’ve been looking at both. 

Peter 

Between health issues and my last bike had more torque and power than I enjoyed.  I had an FZ07 that at 80KPH in 4th I could put on 1 wheel when going to pass someone.  That is no longer a fun ride for me.  

This, I can get on and enjoy and my back isn't screaming mad after 50k.  And I can drop into full speed in 2 to 3 seconds going from a 60 to 80k zone.  

PS, Still FAST as it's a 900cc the one I bought.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:00 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

Nice ride. I saw 1 in Pt. Dover last week, black as well. Many reasons a 3 wheeler vs. 2. In my case I wouldn't dump it every stop. When the Gov. pays me for being old time to get a 3rd wheel. Geoff you may still be a tad too young for a training wheel. 

No, 3 wheels is actually quite fun.  If I felt so inclined I can even fishtail it at times.

We put another 100KM on our toys today too.  

On 9/19/2020 at 6:05 PM, GBW said:

No, 3 wheels is actually quite fun.  If I felt so inclined I can even fishtail it at times.

We put another 100KM on our toys today too.  

I will venture a guess 3 wheels can get you killed as well. After I lost a very good friend riding I sold my bike and never have sat on another one in over 30 years. Ride safe and smart. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I will venture a guess 3 wheels can get you killed as well. After I lost a very good friend riding I sold my bike and never have sat on another one in over 30 years. [b]Ride safe and smart[/b]. 

I do my best to do so my friend.  Ans yes, 2, 3 or 4 wheels can get you killed or mucked up rather quickly but I do my best to keep my head on a swivel and on the look out.  

Another 135km today.  I never put that on the FZ07 in a month!  The Mrs and I were out for just about 3 hours today and if the weather is decent tomorrow the goal is to do more.  Loving this ride just as much as I love fishing!  

PS, Mr B (Brian) if I ever get a camera mount I will send you drift footage.  Done it a few times now and NOT on purpost 95% of the time.  The rear got out and spun at 70kph bumping up to 100kph to make a move and I was far from 100% on the gas.  Even the Mrs who's been to race school said she's not sure if she can out run me.  

Edited by GBW
add to Mr B
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, GBW said:

PS, Mr B (Brian) if I ever get a camera mount I will send you drift footage.  Done it a few times now and NOT on purpost 95% of the time.  The rear got out and spun at 70kph bumping up to 100kph to make a move and I was far from 100% on the gas. 

Bring it to Barrie,I,ll give it whirl. Might need new rubber by the time I am done. I have watched Tokyo drift many times. Amazing what you can learn. LMAO

Enjoy the ride bud. Just be safe.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikeh said:

There were a few in the Minden area yesterday. I saw a guy once who had a high visibility vest over his jacket, pretty smart thing to do

I think my red stands out really well.

It really is a fun ride.  I went over to say 'morning' to Big Cliff this morning on it and put another 65k on it after that going to Caygeon and back with the Mrs on her ride/ninja.