Kwik Fish lures, looking for,,,,,,,,,,,

misfish

7 hours ago, Snidley said:

I see that todays promo at Fishandsave.com has Wordens Mag Lip 4" trolling plugs on sale for $3.59 USD. These ones are red and they have 17 of them for sale. I've ordered from them in the past and received good service and great prices ($1.99 USD for Hot Shots, Kwikies, Wiggler Warts, bags of Yamamoto soft baits and Lucky Crafts for a little more scratch). I would be careful to check with shipping cost before completing an order if you are Canadian since that can cost as much as the order itself if you are not careful. I have NO financial relationship with these guys but I have used them in the past with no complaints.

I saw a TV fishing show where the guys trolling he Niagara Bar were using Mag Lips for springtime Chinnies and Lakers and they hammered them on those baits The guys were from Michigan and Oregon respectively and the west coast guy was a buddy of Buz Ramsey, a famous steelhead/salmon angler from the west coast He swore by Mag Lips which are like an enhanced Flat Fish but he was also sponsored by Wordens. He did another unusual thing in my mind. He washed the he lures with each catch and as a cleaning agent he used Lemon Scent Joy dish detergent. Don't think you can get it here but I've always believed that fish did not like citrus smell at all. Clearly I am wrong because these guys caught a ton of both Lakers and Salmon and they were 20lb plus fish in the springtime, something i would have bet was impossible.

I've ordered a bunch of discontinued lures/colours from Fishandsave - including Kwikfish, Brad's wigglers and Hot Shots. Always had a great experience with them - Normally they send an e-mail asking how you want it shipped to Canada (I always just ask for the cheapest method). After conversion (with our weaker dollar) and shipping, it normally comes to about the same price as buying at a tackle shop in Canada for even the heavily discounted items. With that said, all the stuff I've bought from them couldn't be found anywhere else.

I remember watching an episode of Mark Romanack from 411 Fishing, washing his lures with liquid soap after landing a fish. I think he said he wanted to remove the fish slime off the lures to avoid having any negative odors on them.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, Snidley said:

I saw a TV fishing show where the guys trolling he Niagara Bar were using Mag Lips for springtime Chinnies and Lakers and they hammered them on those baits The guys were from Michigan and Oregon respectively and the west coast guy was a buddy of Buz Ramsey, a famous steelhead/salmon angler from the west coast He swore by Mag Lips which are like an enhanced Flat Fish but he was also sponsored by Wordens. He did another unusual thing in my mind. He washed the he lures with each catch and as a cleaning agent he used Lemon Scent Joy dish detergent. Don't think you can get it here but I've always believed that fish did not like citrus smell at all. Clearly I am wrong because these guys caught a ton of both Lakers and Salmon and they were 20lb plus fish in the springtime, something i would have bet was impossible.

Years ago I won 5 or 6 smaller jointed Swim Whizzes in the St. Kitts Spring Salmon Derby, why are they giving out Musky lures in a salmon derby I thought ?? Heck those things were Chinny catching machines, flat lined shallow in the spring or off the riggers for staging fish late summer, ya never know 😂

edit : my mistakes just saw the remaining ones and they were  " Believers "  virtually identical to Swim Whizzes " 

Edited by dave524

38 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Swim Whizzes? over sized flatfish? I grew up as the walleye fishing here on Erie was fading fast, but looking back at lures I saw the old blue pike and walleye guys had it their tackle boxes here? Flat fish and Benos were probably near the top of the list.

Actually they were " Believers " not Swim Whizzes, about as much difference between those 2 as there is between Kwikfish and Flatfish

• Like 1