Kayak Fishing

tvine

Getting into fishing again and without a cottage or boat, decided a kayak would allow some freedom of movement and more success than shore fishing. Looking for information on no motor lakes or any other tidbits people feel comfortable to share with a newbie. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, tvine said:

Getting into fishing again and without a cottage or boat, decided a kayak would allow some freedom of movement and more success than shore fishing. Looking for information on no motor lakes or any other tidbits people feel comfortable to share with a newbie. Thanks.

If you're on Facebook checkout Kawartha Kayak Fishing Club (Kawartha area), Hard Knox Kayak Fishing (Niagara/Southwestern Ontario) and KAAO - Kayak Anglers Association of the Outaouais (Eastern Ontario).  Loads of great guys and gals to exhange tips and ideas, and all three groups have regular kayak fishing get togethers.

Silent Lake Provincial Park is no motors allowed, there's loads but that's one just off the top of my head.

Edited by Dutch01

Not sure where you live but around the GTA a lot of the conservation area's are perfect for kayak fishing

A few I have tried:

Island Lake in Orangeville 

Kelso in Milton

Guelph Lake in Guelph

Rockwood Conservation area in Rockwood 

Also check out the Backroad Map Books - there is one called Ontario Cottage Country I believe and its great for finding smaller out of the way lakes to check out 

Cheers

Andrew