Lure Identification

LostAnotherOne

7 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Just my take on that lure? a soft tail lip less crank bait, in waters with a lot of toothy fish that could be an issue.

And the plastic replacement tails were hard to find, generally not available in colours one would use, and they dried out quickly, even in a sealed bag.  On the other hand, the wet lure tail turned almost slimy...............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akaShag said:

Sounds like you and I had similar experiences with them..............😉

Doug

LOL, Doug, fortunately that was an experience I managed to miss! Looking at some of the pricey hard baits with soft plastic tails like the s waver just makes me wonder? They aren't much good without the tail? and only the mfg has the tails?

6 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

LOL, Doug, fortunately that was an experience I managed to miss! Looking at some of the pricey hard baits with soft plastic tails like the s waver just makes me wonder? They aren't much good without the tail? and only the mfg has the tails?

I am not familiar with any modern lures of this design, but yes that was surely the case with the Power Rattle.  It was pricey and had the negative issues I mentioned earlier.  I had TWO of them (different colours of course) and threw them both out years ago.

And FWIW I do not recall them being particularly effective.  In my memory, an original floating Rapala or a white Big O fished the pants off the Power Rattle in the same body of water at the same time.

Doug

PS)  Then I really re-discovered jigs (and jig-like techniques like Texas rigged worms) and never looked back....................

• Like 1

https://discounttackle.com/products/river2sea-s-waver-120 

not exactly the same design, but the same future issue possible with finding a replacement tail? I have caught a lot of fish on lipless crankbaits just never saw a need for one with a soft tail, and even with the hard bait ones on any given day one by one mfg might work better than one by a different mfg. Jigs and worms!

• Like 1