I went and done it now

misfish

All these years of saying never,I decided to get my first tat. My youngest son has reached his certification to do ink work. He has been working at it for a long time. A friend of his that has been doing it for many long years, took him under his fin and has coached him. He is now part of the company . He does all his own drawings and has these crazy apps that I have no idea how to use. Today was the out lay. 3 weeks from now he will start the coloring.

This is on my casting and drift arm.

Chasing tails. There will be water drops and a splash around the tail when he starts the coloring . Looking forward to the finished art work .

P7070002.JPG.85b483921bbcb250b61ab0453e0954f7.JPG

Edited by misfish
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, joeybacala said:

I always say the same thing. Actually it was a promise I made my dad when I was younger to respect the wishes of the house.  I will say though when done well it is beautiful.  Congrats on the tattoo and much success to your son.

Oh I still have to deal with me mudder when she see,s it. :w00t:

I remember about 10 years ago my boss said he saw this real cute woman at the beach and as she walked by saw her tattoo across her back about lower bikini height.  He wasn't quite sure what the tattoo represented but came to the conclusion when that same woman becomes about 50 years old, the tattoo would resemble an octopus boinking a starfish.  I just about pee'd my pants.   So true. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, misfish said:

All these years of saying never,I decided to get my first tat. My youngest son has reached his certification to do ink work. He has been working at it for a long time. A friend of his that has been doing it for many long years, took him under his fin and has coached him. He is now part of the company . He does all his own drawings and has these crazy apps that I have no idea how to use. Today was the out lay. 3 weeks from now he will start the coloring.

This is on my casting and drift arm.

Chasing tails. There will be water drops and a splash around the tail when he starts the coloring . Looking forward to the finished art work .

P7070002.JPG.85b483921bbcb250b61ab0453e0954f7.JPG

I thought it was on your penis. lol

• Haha 2

Gonna look good when it's done Brian & congrats to your son for getting certified.

Very easy to remember when I got my 1st tattoo, myself and my 3 buds went up to the Navy recruiting office at Young & St. Clair and joined the Navy then drove down to Jarvis & Dundas and all got tattooed.

While we were sitting in the tat shop it came over the radio that JFK had just been shot.

Nov. 22 1963

Long time ago now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lew said:

While we were sitting in the tat shop it came over the radio that JFK had just been shot.

Nov. 22 1963

Long time ago now.

Walking back to Regal Road Public school after a trip to the library up Dufferin street.

Edited by ketchenany

No problem getting a tattoo.  If you don’t like it you can get it removed. I’m not sure how they remove it though    might be a belt sander. 
I saw one that was a giant pickerel across a guys back.  If it was real it would have been a 25lber.  

1 hour ago, glen said:

No problem getting a tattoo.  If you don’t like it you can get it removed. I’m not sure how they remove it though    might be a belt sander. 
I saw one that was a giant pickerel across a guys back.  If it was real it would have been a 25lber.  

Depends when he got it. If I got a 6 lb’r across my back when I was 16 it would be a 25 lb’r now! 

• Haha 1

Well Brian, should ever question yourself why I'm freezing my arse off catching nothing, you now have a permanent reminder!

Glad your happy with it, personally, I have enough troubles with the orifices I was born with, to add thousands more!

HH 

• Haha 1

I have thought about it. But why would anyone try and go beyond perfection? My ex wifes grand Dad who fought bravely I'm sure in WW1 was tattooed from neck to navel. And at 90 something was proud to show anyone. Some things you just can't unsee. I'm sure some ink that looks great at 21 not so great at 71.  

deleted 

Edited by Old Ironmaker