Having a replica made

LefroyFisherman

Another skin mount still in great shape that I had mounted way back in '74

Fish was 45" and it cost me $125.25 to have it done.

I hate the fact that I intentionally killed that musky but it was the 1st one I ever caught and sadly killing them back then was just the norm and I never killed another one.

This mount now hangs at a buds fishing lodge up on Nippissing.

007.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lew said:

I hate the fact that I intentionally killed that musky but it was the 1st one I ever caught and sadly killing them back then was just the norm and I never killed another one.

007.jpg

did you catch it ice fishing? Whats the story about the pinned snowmobile.

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

did you catch it ice fishing? Whats the story about the pinned snowmobile.

Actually it was caught in August 1974 and that picture was a snowmobile I used to own, a 1984 SkiDoo ss25 but neither has anything to do with the other and I just needed a place to stick the SkiDoo picture LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lew said:

007.jpg

Definitely back in the days it was different.  Nice that you donated your fish to a lodge.  Was thinking about donating my grama's bass somewhere, but would hate to donate somewhere and then they go out of business and the mount gets tossed.  Was planning on starting a thread one day to get some ideas on where to take it.

2 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Definitely back in the days it was different.  Nice that you donated your fish to a lodge.  Was thinking about donating my grama's bass somewhere, but would hate to donate somewhere and then they go out of business and the mount gets tossed.  Was planning on starting a thread one day to get some ideas on where to take it.

Possum Lake Lodge....................😁

• 2 weeks later...

I had a replica made of a Quinte walleye I caught years ago - was fishing with my grandson Konrad on a cold November day - all day long there were snow squalls and boy was it cold - it is hanging on the wall of my den - whenever I look at it I am reminded of that fishing trip - I remember the launch was ice covered and some guy threw salt on it so we could get the boat out of the bay - on the way home 401 was blocked because trucks couldn't make the small hills - it snowed heavy all the way until we reached Syracuse NY - having that mount keeps this memory alive 

5 minutes ago, JoePa said:

I had a replica made of a Quinte walleye I caught years ago - was fishing with my grandson Konrad on a cold November day - all day long there were snow squalls and boy was it cold - it is hanging on the wall of my den - whenever I look at it I am reminded of that fishing trip - I remember the launch was ice covered and some guy threw salt on it so we could get the boat out of the bay - on the way home 401 was blocked because trucks couldn't make the small hills - it snowed heavy all the way until we reached Syracuse NY - having that mount keeps this memory alive 

Sounds like a hell of a memory, I’m looking forward to having this memory for years and years. I can also see us doing some fly in fishing trips some places too at some point.