Parry Sound Camping Trip

LefroyFisherman

Just got back from a 4 night family camping/fishing trip in Parry Sound. Save to say we did very well! My son caught quite a few bass

He had a huge one break off a couple days ago, that was cruising around under a dock, so we came back this morning before heading back home and he caught it this time.

The Monster was 20 inches long, 6 inches thick, 6.4 pounds! we are going to be a replica made, it swam away just fine. Awesome fish!

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

• Like 3

He definitely has the fishing bug now, he loves it! I'm more of a guide now which I really don't mind, awesome seeing him get excited and catch some big ones.

We drove around up in the Parry Sound area just looking for spots and boat launches to fish from, it was a good time exploring, love that area up there. Never ending supply of little lakes that hold monsters. 

11 minutes ago, irishfield said:

NICE.. NICE.. NICE... a fishing report ! What a lucky lad that child of yours, enjoying the outdoors and fish to boot!

• Like 1

Slob of a bass! Congrats. We used to have a place near Parry Sound and I had a few fish like that living around the dock. I would feed them worms by the dozen...then every once in a while put a hook in a worm and tell a visiting kid to dangle it off the dock. Many a happy kid caught a pb off that dock! and a 5 or 6 lb bass on a scoobie doo rod is great fun to watch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Awesome! Sometimes I wonder why we spent X amount on everything and then it’s a little kid with a worm and a Disney rod that catches the huge ones lol! 

Thats Fishing  and what an awesome outcome . Never to be forgotten. Hi 5 from me

that fish is an absolute cow. Unreal. 

IMO you just ruined fishing for your kid for life. 6.4 is going to take a long long time for him to beat ahaha 😄

Unreal man. Plenty of anglers will fish their entire lives in Ontario and never run into a bass that big. I still havent! and I live in the area!

• Like 1

Just now, AKRISONER said:

that fish is an absolute cow. Unreal. 

IMO you just ruined fishing for your kid for life. 6.4 is going to take a long long time for him to beat ahaha 😄

Unreal man. Plenty of anglers will fish their entire lives in Ontario and never run into a bass that big. I still havent! and I live in the area!

Ya I know, I’ve spoiled him, everything is small now lol! 

6 hours ago, fundseeker said:

I'm Glad you enjoyed your camping /Fishing trip in "The Hoot" . ( "refers to frequent train whistles in and around the town") I've been fortunate to live here for 35 years. "Ya'll Come Back Now"

We were staying at the Parry Sound KOA. Ya, I wasn't too amused with the Trains blowing their horns every 5 mins during the night, brutal. We got earplugs the next bunch of nights.

I'm looking to get a trailer up there and I'll be sure too make note of the track locations lol!