Fishing Report. st Clair musky.

glen

Went to st Clair.  Broke the trolling motor.  Then the mount for the fish finder snapped off on a huge wave.  Didn’t sink the boat so i made out ok.  But now I have to take it easy as I’m down to 1/2 roll of duct tape. 
I picked a spot about 8 miles out and i started to troll.  Got a rip on a talonz slasher.  Pulled it in and it has teeth marks.  Kept going and got a nice musky. Floating and in the water column weeds made fishing tough  Then Ruff water pushed me in.  

Went back out the next day and down sized the baits.  Trolling a good looking spot a rod had straight drag.  I fight a big one almost to the boat and the hook pulls out.  Never saw it so I guess it was the world record.  I had cleared the other rods. ( I stop the boat for any fish that’s not coming right in. ) So I put the bait back in and turn to the next rod and the clicker goes off.  Fish on and no other rods out.  Nice fight and a spot comes in.
I see my net now has a cut in it  Sharp teeth I guess.  Trolled around for a while and saw a floater (35”) still alive.  So I pulled the lures and held it upright for 10min and it swam away. I fished nearby and it didn’t come up again.  Thinking the fishing luck should then be with me I trolled around in the boiling heat Until the water was flat and the heat pushed me in.  
Difficult fishing y

673C0971-CD00-4C7B-8917-015E8EE0ACE0.jpeg

EA23B8E0-7BF0-474F-91E0-6F8F195CF2C9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks PT. Not many people land a 12’er in fresh water Wayne.  Misfish I get my fun.  Terry the bow seat was open for you. Bunk I’m glad I got a chuckle.  I don’t get out much.  Thanks for the replies boys.  I hope you get some fun too.  

You can't say that trip was boring. Plus you got nice fish. Always a FLPGRWS line class World Record if the fish was never sighted, always. We fished and worked with a guy we called "Black Cloud". He wasn't very lucky and great at breaking stuff too. He once tripped while carrying his stuff on the dock on the way to the boat, dumped an entire cooler full of pops, loose snacks and sandwiches into the river and gave himself a 6", 12 stiches long slash on his shin. 2 hour return drive to the 1 nurse 1 Doc hospital/vets.  But he didn't get a single fish the entire 5 day trip. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker