My rookie season on Lake Ontario isn't pretty...

Raycaster

Read Dan Keatings books.

Always run a few lines with spoons  the top 30 ft  usualy a lead core  3-5 colour and a dipsie out 87-99  on a 3 for me .. sometimes it saves the day with bows and cohos.   

2.2-2.9  mph on GPS usualy will do the trick in the west end. 

I usualy run my deepest rigger with a big paddle and fly   2nd rigger is always a mag spoon up about 20 ft from deep rigger  back 100-150 ft 

Almost always have a wire dipsie with flasher fly out atleast 175ft sometimes out 300 or so usualy picks up bigest fish of the day.    

If you don't catch a fish in 30 min change something, speed, colors, depth your fishing, then when you catch one feed em what they want.

There's my rambleings for the night. 

Edited by Freshtrax

19 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Read Dan Keatings books.

Always run a few lines with spoons  the top 30 ft  usualy a lead core  3-5 colour and a dipsie out 87-99  on a 3 for me .. sometimes it saves the day with bows and cohos.   

2.2-2.9  mph on GPS usualy will do the trick in the west end. 

I usualy run my deepest rigger with a big paddle and fly   2nd rigger is always a mag spoon up about 20 ft from deep rigger  back 100-150 ft 

Almost always have a wire dipsie with flasher fly out atleast 175ft sometimes out 300 or so usualy picks up bigest fish of the day.    

If you don't catch a fish in 30 min change something, speed, colors, depth your fishing, then when you catch one feed em what they want.

There's my rambleings for the night. 

well rambled. 

I have never set a dipsy back more than 225...always afraid I won't be able to trip it and have to fight the dang thing all the way back in!

haha...I run a mono line about 325 feet back with 5 oz of weight in-line...my version of wire. Last time out that sucker got hit and instantly peeled out around 75 feet of line. My buddy and I both looked at each other...oh crap. Thats gonna be a tiring one! Ended up being a 23 lb salmon which made a bunch more runs. Took a good long time to land that one