Covid19 impact on cabin rentals and fishing resorts

scuro2

I was wrong, I had thought everything would be depressed. My wife's mother is finally able to leave her retirement home for a vacation and my wife's birthday is coming up at the same time so I started looking for nice fishing lodges or cabin rental. Some places never opened for the season. That puts pressure on the places that are open. Everything within 4 hours of Toronto that looks nice and decent is booked till the end of the summer. Places reliant on US customers are suffering. My problem is that these places often get the 4 star rating but that is the 4 star fishing lodge rating! I heard from a friend who went west past Thunder Bay, that many of the lodges reliant on US patrons are suffering. Near empty. Weird times. If anyone knows of a high end fishing lodge reliant on a heavy US customer base, within 5 hours of Toronto, let me know.

21 minutes ago, Pigeontroller said:

Memquisit Lodge, West Bay Lake Nipissing. More of a rustic fishing lodge but I like it! Booked a cabin last minute myself a few weeks ago. Many of their cabins are boat access or a short hike.

We've stayed there a few times ourselves Dax, real nice place and great folks that own it too.

• Like 1

Great to hear that the camps from muskoka to temagami are booking up and it sounds like your after good accomadations with easily accessible water. I would look at the lodges between sudbury and the sault like waterfalls, birch or laurentian. This stretch is usually more dominated by American guests so openings shouldn't be a issue. 

• Like 1

I was hoping to go back to Totem Point Lodge (Wolseley Bay) this summer but not sure I'll be able to. They've made some changes (for the better from what friends tell me) and would love to see what they've done. It's some beautiful waters there and the scenery is, imo, on par with the West Arm, but on a more intimate scale. I found the fish a bit more complaint in the West Arm area however ;)  and fwiw, there have always been lots of Ohio and Pennsylvania plates when I've been up.

Edited by woodenboater
  • Like 1