Hydro Charges

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home.  OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ?????? 

What do you think ???

• Thanks 1

No doubt he's definitely making up for the times when the rate was fixed at off peak rates and now we're paying for it big time. My bill this time has doubled but for sure some of it is due to the AC running everyday.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Just paid $26 for the month of June. That was with the AC running 1/2 the month. Maybe yer getting ripped a new one ?

$26 for a month? What in that smoker of yours? How do you get that. Our delivery charge is double that alone. 

Our bill went up even though we consumed less than last years bill. We did alot during off peak, laundry etc. Now at the so called “ Covid special rate “ our monthly bill was up by almost $20 even though we consumed less then last year. Just another way for Hydro One to screw a bit more money out of us.

57 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Our bill went up even though we consumed less than last years bill. We did alot during off peak, laundry etc. Now at the so called “ Covid special rate “ our monthly bill was up by almost $20 even though we consumed less then last year. Just another way for Hydro One to screw a bit more money out of us.

I put more of the blame on Ford, he's the one allowing them to do it even though he keeps saying he's out to help Ontario residents with their finances, total Bull.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:17 AM, Loonietoon said:

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home.  OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ?????? 

What do you think ???

Where did you get your old rates?    Nov 2019 rates were 10.1/14.4/20.8 respectively.  If you do the time weighted math, it works out to 12.8 c/kwh.  Not sure how this really helps but anyway.....

Edited by G.mech
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, G.mech said:

Where did you get your old rates?  Nov 2019 rates were 10.1/14.4/20.8 respectively.  If you do the time weighted math, it works out to 12.8 c/kwh.  Not sure how this really helps but anyway.....

It's called government math, they'll figure out a way to apply the proverbial screwdriver to you.  Now it doesn't matter what time of day you do laundry, dish wash or cook, you're getting hosed.

14 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

It's called government math, they'll figure out a way to apply the proverbial screwdriver to you.  Now it doesn't matter what time of day you do laundry, dish wash or cook, you're getting hosed.

If you're stuck at home and want use power during the peak hours, you're saving 8 cents/ kwh.....all depends on your situation I guess.  

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize there were no peak hours!!  I have still been waiting till the late hours!!  lol  Shame on me!  Our bill went way up but I thought it was only because of the air con in the window!!  😵