Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home.  OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ?????? 

What do you think ???

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt he's definitely making up for the times when the rate was fixed at off peak rates and now we're paying for it big time. My bill this time has doubled but for sure some of it is due to the AC running everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just paid $26 for the month of June. That was with the AC running 1/2 the month. Maybe yer getting ripped a new one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, misfish said:

Just paid $26 for the month of June. That was with the AC running 1/2 the month. Maybe yer getting ripped a new one ?

$26 for a month? What in that smoker of yours? How do you get that. Our delivery charge is double that alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just a small fish in the pond.LOL

I am not complaining,nor am I going to ask them why.

 

Oh and gas was $19.

Edited by misfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Condo life! Probably hidden in maintenance fees but still a good deal. Gas was 293. Gas water heater and stove going all of the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our bill went up even though we consumed less than last years bill. We did alot during off peak, laundry etc. Now at the so called “ Covid special rate “ our monthly bill was up by almost $20 even though we consumed less then last year. Just another way for Hydro One to screw a bit more money out of us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Terry said:

yeah ours went way up too

Grow outside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:w00t:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I wish that’s why it is 

and for the record I don’t have an inside garden only outside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Our bill went up even though we consumed less than last years bill. We did alot during off peak, laundry etc. Now at the so called “ Covid special rate “ our monthly bill was up by almost $20 even though we consumed less then last year. Just another way for Hydro One to screw a bit more money out of us.

 

I put more of the blame on Ford, he's the one allowing them to do it even though he keeps saying he's out to help Ontario residents with their finances, total Bull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 9:17 AM, Loonietoon said:

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home.  OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ?????? 

What do you think ???

Where did you get your old rates?    Nov 2019 rates were 10.1/14.4/20.8 respectively.  If you do the time weighted math, it works out to 12.8 c/kwh.  Not sure how this really helps but anyway.....

Edited by G.mech
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, G.mech said:

Where did you get your old rates?  Nov 2019 rates were 10.1/14.4/20.8 respectively.  If you do the time weighted math, it works out to 12.8 c/kwh.  Not sure how this really helps but anyway.....

It's called government math, they'll figure out a way to apply the proverbial screwdriver to you.  Now it doesn't matter what time of day you do laundry, dish wash or cook, you're getting hosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

It's called government math, they'll figure out a way to apply the proverbial screwdriver to you.  Now it doesn't matter what time of day you do laundry, dish wash or cook, you're getting hosed.

If you're stuck at home and want use power during the peak hours, you're saving 8 cents/ kwh.....all depends on your situation I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...