My new to me float boat

misfish

A bit of extra ballast never hurts a boat's stability! 😉 Nice rig, Brian.  I bought one of those a number of years ago and never even launched it.  It was a good idea at the time, but I always ended up taking the Sylvan out fishing rather than haul fifty pounds in to a back lake..............

Doug

• Thanks 1

I am totally impressed with the outer skin. It is like navy material. Super tough stuff. I was out yesterday and the waves were getting 1ft+. Never felt uncomfortable. I will be picking up a MK Endura C2 30 lb thrust for it.  I tried the battery in a milk crate at the bow. That thing didn't even put a dent in the level floating of it. Will now work on setting up the finder on the crate as well. The crate is high enough to make a bracket that will support the transducer off the side. The floating one right now works great, but while it,s bobbing around, I am not getting a real defined pic on the screen.  Will post once I have it all rigged up the way I like it and working . Hear salmon are on the move, so might put a dent on that, as I don't really need the motor or the finder for them. Oh wait, the motor comes for the ride back up the river.LOL

• Like 2