Can old photos be fixed ?

lew

I was going through some old pictures yesterday that I haven't seen in years and came across this one of my wife and I that was taken more 50 years ago.

The images have faded badly, the color is mostly gone and there's wrinkles in the picture.

It's a great picture and I would like to get it fixed up with the color restored, the images made visible again and even the wrinkles somehow photoshopped out.

Also the photograph is only about 2" x 3" and it'd be nice if it could be enlarged to maybe 5 x 7 or even larger.

Is this something that's possible for a good photography studio to be able to repair ?

Scan0001 (2).jpg

Edited by lew

Terry's done some of mine too Norm and he does excellent work but I also need to get it enlarged quite a bit but still keep it as sharp as possible so I thought an actual photo studio may be the best bet.

There's a place down in Peterboro I'm gonna contact and see what they say..

Edited by lew

30 minutes ago, lew said:

Well, look at the gorgeous lady who has her arm wrapped around me, who wouldn't smile ? 😀  

Well I was going to say that Lew, but did not want to be disrespectful. Yes, I would be smiling as well

22 minutes ago, lew said:

I sent my picture to a photo studio in town and they say because most of the colour has washed out there's not enough definition left to do anything with the picture.

I tend to agree. You would need to reconstruct her face and clothes. 
it would take weeks to do right