Eyes to the skies!

It was quite the wind and rain down by Turkey point. I was at my trailer down at Normandale, when an alert came over the phone; warring of a possible tornado for our area. Less then 5 minutes later; the sky turned black, the rain started pounding down and a large blow of wind came out of nowhere. It picked up my 10'X10' canopy (that was staked) about 25' in the air flipped it over and dropped it in the neighbor's yard. The whole thing only lasted about 5 or 6 minutes and then the sun came back out; crazy.

Dan.  

It's Wednesday and I'm still picking up branches that broke away from trees  last Sunday. It didn't last long thank goodness. I don't know how much rain we got but it made up for 3 weeks no rain. One large 8" diameter 12' long branch missed my wife's newer Kia by a few inches. Nothing today but it sure looked bad around 11AM. 

Dan D. Normandale eh. It is the site of the very 1st Bessemer style blast furnace built in North America. The plaque at the creek says  it's the 1st BF built in Canada, it was actually 1st in North America but the yanks will argue that. Only iron and steelmaking geeks care. Of the 15 Blast Furnaces that were on line in 1979 in Canada there are currently 4 running at any given time. More Ironmaking geek info. Back then the cars you worked on when you were apprenticing were made of steel.  They chose Normandale as the sand there, as well as some here where we live, is that red stuff. The red stuff is iron ore. I'm guessing on when you were an apprentice Dan "The Man" D.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Georgetown is finally getting some very much needed rain. We have missed out on a large portion of the storm fronts that have come through and when we did get the storms they were fast and violent and quickly over.

Today we have had a persistent row of storms come and rain and lightly thunder all day. Much much needed in these parts.

Also very happy to report the areas east of georgian bay are finally out of their extreme fire danger ratings. 4 out of the last 5 days PAB has recieved substantial rain. We are very happy about that!